Universal Great Britain | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm into the whole film making side of things, and experiences, rather than big thrill seeking rides. I've gone off of them in recent years. Maybe it's just age?

Is Universal Orlando currently $25 for standard parking? If you are in Orlando for two weeks as most Brits seem to be, unlike domestic visitors, the parking charges add a considerable cost to your holiday. I remember when it was $10 a day which felt OK to me, but when it gets to $20+ it began to feel like very poor value for money. I think you’re right to say that Brits would consider a £20 parking charge at Universal GB to be well in to rip-off prices territory.

It’s $32 for regular parking now. Staying on site is just as bad.

IMG_9300.jpeg

Good letter from Mohammad Yasin, although slightly concerning that he’s felt the need to ask for assurances that the negotiations process is back on track after the election. Let’s hope he’s pushing on an open door with Lisa Nandy and her colleagues in DCMS and the project gets the priority we’d all like to see. Sounds like they’ve not yet agreed on the level of government support for the train station(s) and the road improvements needed around the A421.

Anyone know who else was in the meeting with Mohammad Yasin? I was pleased to see John McReynolds is in the UK, hopefully leading for Universal in their government negotiations, but who was the other guy, the one in the middle of that photo that Yasin posted on Twitter?

Last edited:
When I was there last September we stayed in a Universal hotel so paid no parking charges as we got the shuttle bus. The only parking we did pay for was the Disney Parks at $30 per day! I’m not sure what an acceptable charge would be here, personally I wouldn’t want to pay more than £15 which equates to nearly $20.