Universal Great Britain | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In one of his last posts before he disappeared, Tomfoolery said "Its going to be a long seven years from here." To me UGB is slated for a 2031 debut if all goes to plan. Considering how EU was announced in 2019 and was going to debut in 2023 before Covid threw a massive wrench in that, I am going to say if UGB broke ground it wouldn't be until 2027-2028.

Reactions: Nico and Altonsky
I think we are going to see other major milestones before Comcast make a formal announcement. I think we’re going to see the government consult on the environmental impact of the proposals, I think we are going to see the government go through the legislative steps to approve the Special Development Order, and I think we might see the first steps to get the groundwork underway at the site, all before the formal announcement and the substantial PR push which will come with it. So maybe we’re months and months away from “the announcement” but I think we will continue to see positive signs that this thing is progressing through the necessary steps.

Has anyone else lost interest? By the time this is built I'll be to old too ride anything or most of us will be dead. It's boring now.

Something to keep in mind is we found out about this early in the process. This thread started last November and it hasn't even been a year yet! Though it seems like the UK has more transparency with projects like this than the US does I'm unsure we would've known as much as we do right now if it weren't for the public pressure and interest for info as a result of the early scoop.

Extra eyes were already likely on the lookout for anything new since Universal was (and is) also working on major additions elsewhere (kid's resort, HHN LV site, etc.) at the same time. If it weren't for those meddling kids they'd have gotten away with a more surprising announcement methinks.

It sounds like so far things continue pointing to good news that's simply delayed. Anything can happen, but the amount of effort Uni has put forth between the meetings, feedback sessions, and documents strongly points to them being very much interested in proceeding.

Side note: I appreciate officials actually taking time out and giving explanatory answers to questions instead of fluff that you have to sift to find anything worthy of an answer. It's very refreshing! Many thanks to everyone here who's been reaching out to get additional information to share back here. :)

Reactions: Altonsky