Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After looking at it, with what is probably a Dreamworks logo over the gate, I'm wondering if this isn't going to be essentially what the Kidzone replacement is. Obviously more rides, food, etc, but I wouldn't be surprised if these weren't "Destination Dreamworks" parks and some of the rides be at Kidzone. Makes sense in two directions. People who go to these parks can be pushed to go to the full Uni parks, and the people who go to the Kidzone version can be told "Like our Destination Dreamworks? Then visit the full experience in these towns: "

This is absolutely wild.

I got a notification about an announcement from Universal regarding a "new park" and I was expecting news about Epic. I never would have guessed a NEW PARK IN TEXAS.

If this is successful I could see more pop up around the country. I saw someone say they'd probably avoid Northern climates but who knows.. Legoland opened a resort in New York very recently!

Reactions: BriefCasey
I’m going to compartmentalize this project, and tell myself that it has no bearing on anything happening in Florida.

But I’d be lying if I said my first gut reaction wasn’t that I’d prefer if Universal spent the resources and time they’re going to apply to this on a California Adventure style overhaul at Universal Studios Florida.

Looking at the very short video that played at the announcement, that coaster in the top left corner might just be a Pteranodon Flyers. They also included footage of Minion Mayhem and Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash. Maybe they were just trying to highlight some of their animated properties, but maybe it's not all Dreamworks IP?

I dont think this park will be only DreamWorks. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Jurassic World canceled in favor of a Minions area.

I don't think Jurassic would be cancelled. It might be their closest link to adults and older kids. I think it's very important for it to be included. It'll be very odd if Minions aren't here in some fashion though...

Last edited:
I don't think Jurassic would be cancelled. It might be their closest link to adults and older kids. I think it's very important for it to be included. It'll be very odd if Minions aren't here in some fashion though...
On second thought, Madagascar probably won't make it in. It's not a huge thing on the level of Minions/Kung Fu Panda/HTTYD. So that won't be here.