Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think like everyone else said, this was certainly one hell of a surprise. This kind of makes me wonder if they could bring the Beijing Jurassic World ride to the US if this approach is successful enough.

Also, Taking both of these into account:
View attachment 18118
Cobbled up a logo in photoshop

Maybe Nintendo only wants their content within Super Nintendo World locations. Plus, this also means Universal doesnt have to pay another license as all this content is theirs.

It's kinda funny how a few days ago, I mentioned in the State of USH thread that a Universal-owned Nintendo park (Maybe even call it "Super Nintendo Park" to separate it from the lands?) was the one pipe dream I had if Universal wanted to do something like that (And nonetheless I'm still super stoked for SNW in Hollywood). Maybe it doesn't seem too crazy now that this new park might be gearing towards Dreamworks. Then again, the only roadblock I'd imagine is the amount of money they'd probably need to operate it so they can pay Nintendo for royalties and stuff.

I might just be thinking too big here, but it'd be nice if we got either thing.

Reactions: Pacific
I think like everyone else said, this was certainly one hell of a surprise. This kind of makes me wonder if they could bring the Beijing Jurassic World ride to the US if this approach is successful enough.

Also, Taking both of these into account:

It's kinda funny how a few days ago, I mentioned in the State of USH thread that a Universal-owned Nintendo park (Maybe even call it "Super Nintendo Park" to separate it from the lands?) was the one pipe dream I had if Universal wanted to do something like that. Maybe it doesn't seem too crazy now that this new park might be gearing towards Dreamworks. Then again, the only roadblock I'd imagine is the amount of money they'd probably need to operate it so they can pay Nintendo for royalties and stuff.

I might just be thinking too big here, but it'd be nice if we got either thing.
I just posted this in the Nintendo at Universal Parks thread, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Super Nintendo World London or Paris in the near future. It would expand the Universal brand into previously untouched countries.

Reactions: BriefCasey
This feels like an aggressive move from Comcast on a business front. Between them expanding in a major way in Orlando, Hollywood, to now expanding on regional offerings…

Comcast is going for the jugular in the theme park business across the board. I see no other way to look at this, and I love it!
I think the decline of Six Flags has left room in the market. Coupled with the relative success of the lego experiences and it’s kind of a no brainer for a big player to step in.

Reactions: Pacific
WIP spec map, will update when finished. UPDATED with WIP v2: UPDATE with WIP v3
Lands:
Moon Valley Gardens (Hub), Camp Cretaceous, Central Park Circus, Enchanted Forest of Shrek, Trolls Land

Frisco Spec Map wipv3.jpg

Things I'm least sure about are the Trolls area buildings and the forested area below Shrek's swamp. I'm more inclined to believe that the Shrek and Jurassic rides will be the only major rides versus the long rumored Trolls boat ride coming here.

Thanks to JLMJXD on the Theme Park Stop Discord for pointing out that the circular neon canopy could cover a walkway to an outdoor stage.

EDIT: I provided a completed version of the spec map at this post, along with a short description for each of the lands Universal Family Theme Park in Frisco, Texas

Last edited:
A few questions for my WIP map: Does anyone know what this forested area with the red circle sign might be in the Shrek universe?

Capture.JPG

Also, is this the plane from the Madagascar movies?

Capture.JPG

Reactions: frank_1991_
This whole concept art is giving me Legoland vibes but with Universal’s IP’s. To be honest I’m not sure how I feel about the whole project. Texas would definitely be the market to expand to if they wanted a good ROI. I think they should take things slowly and not stretch themselves too thin.

When do you guys envision this opening ?

Last edited:
Wow-- this was unexpected. But, the more I look at it the more sense it makes. Legoland and Sesame Place seem to be making money and are looking to expand into more markets, and this seems to be the same younger guest demographic. They now own enough relevant IP to create a small, family oriented parks. Adding a hotel makes it a weekend getaway competing with things like Great Wolf.

I think the whole idea in doing this more kid-focused park in Texas and the HHN Experience in Vegas along with their resorts in Orlando and Hollywood is that you can grow up with Universal. No matter what stage in life you are in, there's an experience for you.

When you're young, the park in Texas will be a great starting point before graduating to either USH or UOR and their parks primarily aimed at the 7+ family market, especially families with teens. Then if you're up for it, HHN is an option at UOR and USH and a potentially/hopefully more mature experience in Vegas will appeal to the 21+ crowd. There's also casual things like Toothsome in Philly and what looks like Colorado, too.

Absolutely genius strategy.

Some interesting things said in this presentation.

President of New Ventures mentions in the video that the park will be around a quarter of the size of the existing Orlando parks, so somewhere in the range of 25-30 acres used out of the 90 acre plot.

To compare (and not counting parking or water parks)
Sesame Place Penn State Park Acreage: 15-17 acres
Sesame Place San Diego Park Acreage: 12 - 15 acres
Legoland California: Somewhere in 35-45 acre range I think, including all its expansions over the years.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
President of New Ventures mentions in the video that the park will be around a quarter of the size of the existing Orlando parks, so somewhere in the range of 25-30 acres used out of the 90 acre plot.

To compare (and not counting parking or water parks)
Sesame Place Penn State Park Acreage: 15-17 acres
Sesame Place San Diego Park Acreage: 12 - 15 acres
Legoland California: Somewhere in 35-45 acre range I think, including all its expansions over the years.
I imagine a small-ish water park is probably a lock here down the road.