Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines (HHN 33) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel like the reason we've been getting a monsters house each year is to keep the IP visible leading up to the opening of the land at Epic. With the land finally opening next year, I think there's a chance we could see monsters take a break from being at the event for a while, especially since they've covered every major character at this point. I feel like we're either going to get Creature (which doesn't feel too likely) or nothing besides possibly a scare zone next year.

Respectfully hard disagree - the Universal Monsters houses have been the strongest concept streak HHN has ever had. Every single one has been a banger
I recognize I’m in the minority on this one. It’s just gotten a little predictable for me personally to see Monsters five years in a row. At some point, I want to see a little more variety.

I think I’m kind of burned out by the monsters at this point. Hopefully this is the last year and then they take a bit of a breather.
I will ALWAYS take a Universal Monsters house because they count it as an IP, but it feels wholly Original.

That being said, I would love them to work outside the time period they’ve picked with the characters.

Give me the Wolf Man in space, Frankenstein’s Monster in the Old West, or Dracula lurking the hallways of a modern day hospital.

I feel like the reason we've been getting a monsters house each year is to keep the IP visible leading up to the opening of the land at Epic. With the land finally opening next year, I think there's a chance we could see monsters take a break from being at the event for a while, especially since they've covered every major character at this point. I feel like we're either going to get Creature (which doesn't feel too likely) or nothing besides possibly a scare zone next year.
we are never getting a creature of the black lagoon house are we...... :confounded:

we are never getting a creature of the black lagoon house are we...... :confounded:
I really wish we would get one.

My conceit, don't adapt the movie, but instead make it based on the historical discovery of Brazil. Set it on a ship from that era (modeled after one of the ships used by Vicente Yáñez Pinzón) and have the Creature attacking these new intruders to his land.

Make it similar to The Forsaken.

I think I’m kind of burned out by the monsters at this point. Hopefully this is the last year and then they take a bit of a breather.
It's an unpopular opinion, but I agree. I'd like to see them do Creature and then take a break for a bit.

Everyone absolutely goes crazy over the UCM houses, but in full transparency, none of them have even cracked my top 5 houses each year. It's something I'll never fully understand lol

It's an unpopular opinion, but I agree. I'd like to see them do Creature and then take a break for a bit.

Everyone absolutely goes crazy over the UCM houses, but in full transparency, none of them have even cracked my top 5 houses each year. It's something I'll never fully understand lol

I'm not burned out, because every single monsters house has been very different. mummy house was insane. insane sets.

but this one might feel like a repeat of the bride of Frankenstein house. I'll still like it. but.
I need my sweet sweet gill man

Monster Squad GIF by 100% Soft

I will ALWAYS take a Universal Monsters house because they count it as an IP, but it feels wholly Original.

That being said, I would love them to work outside the time period they’ve picked with the characters.

Give me the Wolf Man in space, Frankenstein’s Monster in the Old West, or Dracula lurking the hallways of a modern day hospital.
I guess that’s the problem. I’m the Kool-Aid drinker who will always prefer the IP houses. :shrug:

What matters is the setting, not the characters. It’s a touch worrisome that we don’t get a strong sense of location from this year’s description as we did with Paris or Egypt. Hopefully we’re not getting another “ruined castle” house.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
What matters is the setting, not the characters. It’s a touch worrisome that we don’t get a strong sense of location from this year’s description as we did with Paris or Egypt. Hopefully we’re not getting another “ruined castle” house.

I think that's a little too dismissive. Either way, in this series of Monster houses, it was only used as a setting once with Bride Lives. With this being a sequel, I would expect a castle to show up at some point but I'd bet we'd see woods, towns, etc too.

Reactions: HHNObsession
I think that's a little too dismissive. Either way, in this series of Monster houses, it was only used as a setting once with Bride Lives. With this being a sequel, I would expect a castle to show up at some point but I'd bet we'd see woods, towns, etc too.
I really love the monster houses, but in general “ruined castle” just isn’t a particularly interesting setting without a very strong twist. It’s an issue Disney ran into decades ago when they tried to make a Robin Hood dark ride. We’ve also seen that setting quite a lot, for instance in Dueling Dragons last year (a good house).

This is all very, very hypothetical. This is a maze where the description really doesn’t give much of an indication of what we’ll get. HHN’s design team comes through much more often then not, so we’ll have to see.

Reactions: monykalyn