Universal Monsters: Unmasked (HHN 2023) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Monsters: Unmasked (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Justice for the Kevin's in the world.

Gives me a lot of Potter vibes out of anything--especially with that large TV display being used and how it blends into the facade. Great stuff.

So, long shot, but I had a thought. Given that Murdy stated we'd be seeing the phantoms lair, and in the art that was shown we see it partially submerged a-la Lloyd Webber musical, is it possible we'll see some version of a similar effect to the laser lake from The Depths at knotts? The art could obviously just be representative of the concept rather than something we'd actually see, but not doing something like that seems like a massive missed opportunity.

So, long shot, but I had a thought. Given that Murdy stated we'd be seeing the phantoms lair, and in the art that was shown we see it partially submerged a-la Lloyd Webber musical, is it possible we'll see some version of a similar effect to the laser lake from The Depths at knotts? The art could obviously just be representative of the concept rather than something we'd actually see, but not doing something like that seems like a massive missed opportunity.
I hope not. That effect always looks cheesy to me sorry.

In the first of our two-part behind-the-scenes preview, we will take a look at Universal Monsters: Unmasked, featuring the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Phantom of the Opera, and more.

Still very excited for this one after seeing the BTS and hearing reviews for Orlando’s.

Have to say, a bit weird that they included Invisible Man at all since he seems to be an afterthought in both versions.

Even if it turns out to be a Phantom love fest with some other cameos, that is fine with me.

Excited to see it on Tuesday!

Still very excited for this one after seeing the BTS and hearing reviews for Orlando’s.

Have to say, a bit weird that they included Invisible Man at all since he seems to be an afterthought in both versions.

Even if it turns out to be a Phantom love fest with some other cameos, that is fine with me.

Excited to see it on Tuesday!

I’ll say Invisible Man was definitely thrown in randomly in Hollywood. Murdy even said Orlando wanted to have him in there, so they put him in as a cameo.

The Phantom stuff is definitely where the love and budget went to, as well as the finale. Jekyll’s lab was cool and the Hunchback stuff was decent.

I think the thing that will really make or break this house is timing, scareactor energy and quality masks/costumes for the characters. If all those go well, the house should be a good time.

Me at the maze when I see The Invisible Man gets one scene but Orlando has more of him:
Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad

Seriously though, whoever did the voice for him in Hollywood did an amazing job sounding like Claude Rains. I actually want more Invisible Man in the future!

Scenic aside that was the house where all the scareactors were most active to me.
Yea gotta agree here. Poor set design aside, the actors gave it their best. Legends Collide for me was completely empty with 4 scares for my experience.

Personally, I’d take that over great scenic design but very little scareactors, even though I’d rather have both.

I mean…tbf….i do think it’s the best of the four houses. This is the first round.
Honestly I completely disagree. Not going to say it was a bad house, but the other 3 options were far better by a wide wide margin.

From the walkthrough videos, it didn't look that great. There were some cool set pieces, but it had so many black wallz. Not to mention that they did Invisible Man dirty compared to Orlando's rendition. But at least this house was filled with actors.

It's funny cause Legends Collide was scenically impressive, yet it lacked actors lol.

Reactions: saint.piss
https://x.com/john_murdy/status/1726341510025904296?s=20

Gonna be honest, Silent Screams is a better name especially considering how little invisible man was actually in there in practice. Kinda assumed this was always the intended name but I guess it was kinda a no brainer given it was the title of the song they previewed with the announcement.
That’s actually a much better title for the Monsters house. Why they have to change it to Unmasked?