Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal moving on from Biometric Lockers

I honestly preferred the finger scan, but I can see why they went this route with the new scanning of the tickets. While I thought the finger scan was very easy to do, some people just couldn't figure it out and I would always see people struggling with them. Unfortunately, the last couple of times I've been, I have also seen people struggling with the new lockers, but I do believe this number was far less than before.

People who don't frequent the parks are going to struggle regardless. Shy of having a bag valet, I don't know how to perfect a locker scenario with minimal user error.

I don't wanna get all tin-foil hat here, but there are new fears by the public of having their fingerprint scanned and recorded by companies. I know they still use fingerprints at the turnstyles, and I know these locker changes have nothing to do with that... but what if they do?

I don't wanna get all tin-foil hat here, but there are new fears by the public of having their fingerprint scanned and recorded by companies. I know they still use fingerprints at the turnstyles, and I know these locker changes have nothing to do with that... but what if they do?

Just wait until they try 3D facial recognition on the lockers... :stun:

yeah i kind of like the finger scan idea better in theory... I have not seen the new lockers in practice... but I always know where my finger will be... i can see myself misplacing the ticket... also seems like a waste of paper

More tinfoil hat conspiracies... UO just did this to sell more lanyards to hold tickets!

Used your phone to enter the park? Too bad, here’s a paper ticket anyway. Hmm, if only there was a convienent way to hold that for you, oh, here’s 3 dozen styles of card holding neclaces we just so happen to sell.

Check. Mate.

yeah i kind of like the finger scan idea better in theory... I have not seen the new lockers in practice... but I always know where my finger will be... i can see myself misplacing the ticket... also seems like a waste of paper
I never had much of a problem with the finger scan lockers, but I can assure you that the ticket ones are much easier and quicker!

Also, it’s odd that the new lockers require paper barcodes for guests using smartphone tix, since the Smartcarte hardware should be capable of reading QR codes.

I think the bigger issue is if you have to leave your phone in a locker, how are you going to open the locker back up with your phone?

I vote temporary tattoos.

EDIT: Dang, now I really want to get some temporary tattoos with my AP barcode and see if that works.

I think the bigger issue is if you have to leave your phone in a locker, how are you going to open the locker back up with your phone?

I vote temporary tattoos.

EDIT: Dang, now I really want to get some temporary tattoos with my AP barcode and see if that works.

As I said earlier TMs have cards with QR codes on them for people who want them.

Most of the MIB lockers are now the small style but there are still a couple banks of large ones for free.
Supposedly they started changing this morning. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Either allow bags or make them free again.

Yup. Confirmed by UO on the UOAP group. $2 per ride for large lockers. Good luck with that guest services.

Last edited:
:curse:
Supposedly they started changing this morning. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me. Either allow bags or make them free again.

Yup. Confirmed by UO on the UOAP group. $2 per ride for large lockers. Good luck with that guest services.

That’s taking the piss.:thud:

I assume that this is going to be revoked soon enough but I don’t like the idea of Universal now testing the waters to see how far they can go with putting their prices up.

I know new resorts cost a lot of money but damn.