Universal Orlando 2016 Year in Review | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando 2016 Year in Review

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal is finally doing something different from the norm with Hotels. if Wet N Wild land is indeed going to be a hotel and it can be taller/more grand, Aventura and how it is done will definitely give a bit of insight how Universal can do towers.
If WDW shuts down Tower of Terror like Disney California, Universal could put the "real" Tower of Terror in the Wet & Wild plot, and staff it with Universal monsters. ;)

Universal is finally doing something different from the norm with Hotels. if Wet N Wild land is indeed going to be a hotel and it can be taller/more grand, Aventura and how it is done will definitely give a bit of insight how Universal can do towers.
So you like unthemed hotels? Also, I've never stayed at a Universal Hotel because I'm a local but the future hotel on the WnW property is going to have to be reallllly good. I would expect top paying guests to want to stay on site.

So you like unthemed hotels? Also, I've never stayed at a Universal Hotel because I'm a local but the future hotel on the WnW property is going to have to be reallllly good. I would expect top paying guests to want to stay on site.

Modern != not themed

Reactions: Blue
Well I'm a local and never stayed at a Universal hotel. (been in them several times but not for a stay). I think the themes work. I'm just saying a modern themed resort usually entails less space (building up). With the height limit definitely raised across I-4, I'm curious if Universal builds a resort style resort, moderaely low in height, well themed on the lake, and entertainment complex, or a ower or number of towers.

If WDW shuts down Tower of Terror like Disney California, Universal could put the "real" Tower of Terror in the Wet & Wild plot, and staff it with Universal monsters. ;)
Actually wouldnt be bad idea. There is only one themed hotel on IDrive, and that is the Castle hotel which is always doing well.
That is also why I am curious that if it is a hotel which route they go.

Reactions: Mad Dog
As a local we alternate each year going with season passes to a different park year to year. We did Disney 2 years ago for 2 years because we really enjoyed it. Then we switched to Universal. Been a pass holder now for 2 years and have no intention of going back. The cast members are 100 times friendlier at Universal. heck the bartenders even remember us and take the time to smile and at least act like they appreciate our presence.

Not looking like I'm heading back to Disney in the near future. Enjoying Universal too much.

Really excited for Volcano Bay. I've never been a water park guy but this will be a great addition to Universal. I go for a week so it's nice to have something to break up the parks.

Hoping for some announcements regarding the future as well. A Nintendo announcement and details would be sweet

Reactions: maroonmol
FWIW, themed hotels don't seem to work outside of a theme park resort. Vegas seems to have abandoned all of their themed resorts. And, outside of Disney or Universal property, there's only one or two themed hotels in Orlando.

As a local we alternate each year going with season passes to a different park year to year. We did Disney 2 years ago for 2 years because we really enjoyed it. Then we switched to Universal. Been a pass holder now for 2 years and have no intention of going back. The cast members are 100 times friendlier at Universal. heck the bartenders even remember us and take the time to smile and at least act like they appreciate our presence.

Not looking like I'm heading back to Disney in the near future. Enjoying Universal too much.

I wonder what percentage of universal attendees are local season pass holders vs Disney local pass holders.
I'd be shocked if WDW had a higher percentage.

Isn't the proof in the pudding? Pricing isn't too crazy of a difference between locals, yet one seems vastly more attended by locals.
For me- Disney still has the "if I could only visit one park one time in my life"- but if I could only visit one ever again for the rest of my life as many times as I want- Uni would win hands down.

I wonder what percentage of universal attendees are local season pass holders vs Disney local pass holders.
I'd be shocked if WDW had a higher percentage.

Isn't the proof in the pudding? Pricing isn't too crazy of a difference between locals, yet one seems vastly more attended by locals.
For me- Disney still has the "if I could only visit one park one time in my life"- but if I could only visit one ever again for the rest of my life as many times as I want- Uni would win hands down.

I'm around 200 miles away, so not really local, but I find UNI more affordable.

I think at the time I was giving up on Disney, my UNI passes for three cost me what one Disney pass would, but I do not think I considered lower option passes.

Heck, right now with UNI, I may even consider going to powers for two of us and keeping one preffered. We are far enough away that we only go as a family, so one pass would cover the discounts, the early entry we would get if we stay on site, and the parking benefit is not one if you stay on site.