Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just chiming in here to say that "Universal's Epic Universe" (whether designating the park or the entire resort as a whole) is an almost unforgivably redundant and awkward phrase. "Epic Worlds" would be better, but "Fantastic Worlds" just seems to evoke something much more grand and exciting.
Exactly my thoughts.

Doesn’t mean I’m saying it’s not what they’re going with, but it’s painfully redundant.

It won’t be exactly like Magic Kingdom. There will be an icon kinda farther back than Cinderella Castle, and instead of Fantasyland, they’ll be a hotel behind it.

It’s looking like the lands will have entrances along the way to the hub/icon, rather than all at the hub.

Hmm, ok. That would be interesting. Guess that means Fantastic Worlds won't have a traditional Main Street? I'm interesting to see what Universal creates to tie all these lands together. The teaser logo does have a time traveller/steampunk vibe to it. That would be an interesting art direction to run with.

Reactions: RFRees and Alicia
I honestly don't see a huge difference between epic and fantastic. Both are adjectives and pretty much just filler words. I'd assume if they don't go with fantastic, it's due to Fantastic Beats.

Reactions: therock
Not really looking forward to the words “epic” all over the park to be honest. This word actually evokes the opposite response to me since it’s so over used. It’s almost comical at this point,
Can you imagine a napkin that says “epic” on it; or the gift shop bags ? I just think it’s such a silly and lazy way to describe something. If everything is “epic” then what does epic actually stand for? Average?

I think “fantastic” gives it more of an adventurous sound, and kinda of ties into the sci-fi / steam punk vibe they are giving off in this teaser image.

Reactions: Dhdhddh and Andysol
If you don't mind me doing some armchair engineering here, i could see the hub centered around some inventor creating these giant mechanical portals to hop through dimensions and opening them up to the general public.

The shops/restaurants between the portals can be businesses owned by other scientific minds in the inventor's circle who he/she hires to help accommodate the new guests. I think this would work great! Universal proved they could tie a fun narrative around an entire park with Volcano Bay so i hope they do something similar with Fantastic Worlds.

Here is an overexposure so that you can see more detail. I am beginning to think that Alicia is right about it being one of those thingamajiggys.

sI5zBGu.jpg

Or maybe it will contain the eye of Sauron!!!

Last edited:
If we do get LOTR...a Shire area is a no brainer. Not sure what a ride would consist of, but a “brief” “best of” locations from Frodo’s journey would be pretty amazing.
Curious if they would use the new cast from amazon series or the Peter Jackson cast as the character portraits

If we do get LOTR...a Shire area is a no brainer. Not sure what a ride would consist of, but a “brief” “best of” locations from Frodo’s journey would be pretty amazing.
Curious if they would use the new cast from amazon series or the Peter Jackson cast as the character portraits

There’s no smoke about LOTR.

Reactions: RFRees and Legacy
Here is an overexposure so that you can see more detail. I am beginning to think that Alicia is right about it being one of those thingamajiggys.

sI5zBGu.jpg

Or maybe it is contain the eye of Sauron!!!

I know this is probably a joke, but could you imagine if they actually revealed the logo like this, only to have the eye of Sauron pop up in the middle of the presentation? That would be amazing.

It won’t be exactly like Magic Kingdom. There will be an icon kinda farther back than Cinderella Castle, and instead of Fantasyland, they’ll be a hotel behind it.

It’s looking like the lands will have entrances along the way to the hub/icon, rather than all at the hub.
So the icon isn’t (or apart of) the hotel?

The hotel is not the icon if that’s what you mean. But it will loom over the park in the back.

Question: If i am to get this right, that the hub for Fantastic Worlds is one long road with a hotel at the very end, does that mean that the article posted by TPU from awhile back about the park's layout and admission system is correct? I thought it was confirmed to be false information.

Status
Not open for further replies.