Universal Orlando Landscaping | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Landscaping

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
here is another from SF property

35007361954_11c84b43d6.jpg
Yes, the view from the Strong Water Tavern deck overlooking that, and the now working waterwheel, is even more beautiful in the evening.

Reactions: Quint and Coasted
here is another from SF property

35007361954_11c84b43d6.jpg

Love this picture. I think that, when you are younger, you rush around a lot more to try and do more. After you have done all of that and grown older, you learn how to appreciate simple things like landscaping and nature. I love walking at these resorts. It is peaceful and gives you some time away from the rushing throngs.

Love this picture. I think that, when you are younger, you rush around a lot more to try and do more. After you have done all of that and grown older, you learn how to appreciate simple things like landscaping and nature. I love walking at these resorts. It is peaceful and gives you some time away from the rushing throngs.
Have to give you five thumbs up for that insightful comment. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...Yes, that's how we spend our vacations too. Stop & enjoy the ambiance. No commando touring for us. We especially love the Portofino to Theme Parks walk....Universal is custom made for a leisurely vacation.

Reactions: Quint
Have to give you five thumbs up for that insightful comment. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...Yes, that's how we spend our vacations too. Stop & enjoy the ambiance. No commando touring for us. We especially love the Portofino to Theme Parks walk....Universal is custom made for a leisurely vacation.

yeah, I love the HRH/Portofino side. I try and see if I can stay on that side if I am there for 4 or more nights. Unfortunately, my family seems to hate to walk. From HRH, they just go through the pool...from Portofino, it is usually the water taxi and sometimes a rickshaw (sp?)....so I typically admire the scenery from the taxi:

35718133492_0c6f317c01.jpg

Reactions: Quint and Mad Dog
took this one at SF...we left a day or two before the hurricane was heading in...we had just finished our HHN run.

35738786922_f18e7dda9b.jpg
We had switched from Sapphire to Portofino a week before the hurricane. We were supposed to leave Sat. morning but skipped out early on Weds. afternoon. Good thing we left early since I95 became impassable north of Florida.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
As someone who has never stayed on property, and therefore has never seen many/any of these locations, I had no idea these sorts of views existed at UOR. Neat thread!

I suspect there is a reason you here many of say that once you stay once...well, my family, once CBBR opened, we have not visited UoR without staying on site. Somehow, we always seem to have a relaxing vacation when we visit that we can enjoy at a slow pace and you really start seeing the park from different perspectives.

35406528764_82449d7e84.jpg

I suspect there is a reason you here many of say that once you stay once...well, my family, once CBBR opened, we have not visited UoR without staying on site. Somehow, we always seem to have a relaxing vacation when we visit that we can enjoy at a slow pace and you really start seeing the park from different perspectives.

35406528764_82449d7e84.jpg
This!!!...I've always said the same. Once you've experienced the relaxing, leisurely, everything in walking distance,experience of staying on site at Universal, your vacation life will never be the same. You have to stay on site at Universal to get the full effect of how great the Universal Resort "Experience" is.

As someone who has never stayed on property, and therefore has never seen many/any of these locations, I had no idea these sorts of views existed at UOR. Neat thread!
Likely you already know, though FYI anyone can go for relaxing mini-cruise round trip (off and back on). We never had to show room key (Easter daytimes). Still can't get over that they not natural river channels (previously tarmac car park!). Thanks all for the photos.

This!!!...I've always said the same. Once you've experienced the relaxing, leisurely, everything in walking distance,experience of staying on site at Universal, your vacation life will never be the same. You have to stay on site at Universal to get the full effect of how great the Universal Resort "Experience" is.
Totally agree. UOR we just had our 'Once you stay once' experience. WDW we have always stayed offsite (offsite condo for price of onsite room / car freedom rather than rely on resort bus connections / Sweet Tomatoes rather than value hotel food). Following my UOR experience, I now questioning if I missing out on WDW resort experience. Any thoughts? (Apologies is in landscaping forum)

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree. UOR we just had our 'Once you stay once' experience. WDW we have always stayed offsite (offsite condo for price of onsite room / car freedom rather than rely on resort bus connections / Sweet Tomatoes rather than value hotel food). Following my UOR experience, I now questioning if I missing out on WDW resort experience. Any thoughts? (Apologies is in landscaping forum)
I've stayed on site at WDW on all WDW visits before this year. While there are some advantages to staying on site at WDW, it's really not much different than staying off site. This past vacation we did four day trips to WDW from our Universal hotel. It really wasn't much of a difference than when we stayed at WDW resorts. The problem with WDW is that everything is so far apart, so everything necessitates travel, which in turn lessens leisure & relaxation....The Universal on site hotel experience is far superior to the WDW on site hotel experience. I love the WDW theme parks, but I really no longer feel any need to pay the inflated hotel costs of staying on site at WDW. In the future, I will continue to stay at Universal, and do day trips to WDW. It's only a 15 to 20 minute drive, which isn't much different than the drive times when you're staying at the very over priced WDW moderates or deluxes.