Universal Orlando Landscaping | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Landscaping

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
it's been too long since I've stayed at a Disney resort to comment, but they did drive me away long ago. So, it tends to come down price when/if I shop Disney. I mean if I were spending most of my time in the MK and I could get the right price for the Contemporary....but my parents, they took me to the Contemporary in '71 and we never stayed on site again. With my family, I had a lot more resorts to pick from and have had great stays...but those are all 'once in a lifetime' more so than the weekend getaway on a Staycation budget.

But at UNI, I just tend to relax more, life by the moment instead of the plan....I mean, if I have a view of a park, I can tell when it might be time to head back after the afternoon break...

35469839623_28c399e6aa.jpg

camp Jurassic

36135294932_d9f8a8ff19.jpg
One of the most fun areas of the park. We're like young kids again when we tour the caves, mines, walk the rope bridges, jump the dino footprints (and sounds), and shoot water at unsuspecting travelers. Camp Jurassic is a well kept secret. Never seen it very crowded(which is good), but the space is utterly entertaining. And once the sun goes down, and the mist rolls out, it's even better.

One of the most fun areas of the park. We're like young kids again when we tour the caves, mines, walk the rope bridges, jump the dino footprints (and sounds), and shoot water at unsuspecting travelers. Camp Jurassic is a well kept secret. Never seen it very crowded, but the space is utterly entertaining.

It was fun walking on rope bridges w/ my camera while I tried to get to the tower to see how Kong was coming along!

Reactions: Mad Dog
I still like how there is plenty of vegetation inside the parks

36647192421_d867636105_c.jpg
I wander if ET's new pathway to the attraction's entrance will be through the La Bamba courtyard, or thereabouts. Used to be able to shortcut to ET through what is now the Media Center, but that was closed down when they renovated the area.

I wander if ET's new pathway to the attraction's entrance will be through the La Bamba courtyard, or thereabouts. Used to be able to shortcut to ET through what is now the Media Center, but that was closed down when they renovated the area.

Interest thought.. I don't know how far that way they can go considering the parade route/backstage stuff going on there. They need to get the dough to make pizza somehow!

I've stayed on site at WDW on all WDW visits before this year. While there are some advantages to staying on site at WDW, it's really not much different than staying off site. This past vacation we did four day trips to WDW from our Universal hotel. It really wasn't much of a difference than when we stayed at WDW resorts. The problem with WDW is that everything is so far apart, so everything necessitates travel, which in turn lessens leisure & relaxation....The Universal on site hotel experience is far superior to the WDW on site hotel experience. I love the WDW theme parks, but I really no longer feel any need to pay the inflated hotel costs of staying on site at WDW. In the future, I will continue to stay at Universal, and do day trips to WDW. It's only a 15 to 20 minute drive, which isn't much different than the drive times when you're staying at the very over priced WDW moderates or deluxes.

That is true for now but site B and W&W will really switch things up, Uni could well become as spread out as WDW.

back to Jurassic Park...mostly Palms I imagine, but I like how they cover the lower portion of the puppet action (oh, I heard Wet n Wild is being built in Ft Lauderdale...do not know who owns the name...the folks that were going to build a park there had the accident w/ their silly slide so I do not know if it is still them...

36665858701_8f005203cc_c.jpg

Reactions: Coasted
This meet and greet is fantastic, and you are so right about how the landscaping totally sells it.

We hate meet and greets, but this is a must-do recently!

Reactions: Coasted and Mad Dog
This meet and greet is fantastic, and you are so right about how the landscaping totally sells it.

We hate meet and greets, but this is a must-do recently!
Yes. The Actor Handlers are really good. They and the amazing Raptor really sell this as as more than just a M&G. It's almost a small attraction, in it's own right.

Reactions: Coasted
back to Jurassic Park...mostly Palms I imagine, but I like how they cover the lower portion of the puppet action (oh, I heard Wet n Wild is being built in Ft Lauderdale...do not know who owns the name...the folks that were going to build a park there had the accident w/ their silly slide so I do not know if it is still them...

36665858701_8f005203cc_c.jpg
Pretty sure Village Roadshow (the guys that own a bunch of Australian parks like Sea World) owns the Wet 'n' Wild brand now.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
I heard a rumor (hee hee) that the the raptors or the guests or both were really wrecking those front most palms in the beginning. They kept having to replace them. But this is only a rumor...
So coy today....Just what I was talking about on another thread. ;)....Yeah, it was a shame. We used to stand there & catch good glimpses of the Raptor show, & it's a very entertaining M&G. Now we have to stand in a long line like everyone else. :(

On another landscaping note... check out the xeriscaping in front of Sinbad... lots of middle eastern dry weather plants like crown of thorns and the obligatory date palms. How they keep them alive in Florida's humid climate is beyond me.

bRLOoKh.jpg
Really Big Drying Fans. ;):lol:

Reactions: Quint