Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Price Increases (General)

Just saw this with the parking charges at Dodgers stadium:

fozkq1ca0mu11.jpg
HOLY CRAP!!!!

They take MasterCard

We got free parking at Royal Pacific with Virgin when we last went. I do wonder if they just bundle it into the base price though.
Uh? Yes? That’s what any vacation package thing does it.OVERCHARGES you. That’s how they get a little cut. I find it cheaper and rather better to just book everything myself. Can’t wait till the new universal hotel is up. That will save me probably 1500-1800 a year. Or I’ll go a extra trip might actually see Christmas events next year.

Uh? Yes? That’s what any vacation package thing does it.OVERCHARGES you. That’s how they get a little cut. I find it cheaper and rather better to just book everything myself. Can’t wait till the new universal hotel is up. That will save me probably 1500-1800 a year. Or I’ll go a extra trip might actually see Christmas events next year.

Not necessarily with Virgin as you can cook it separate and still get all the benefits. I booked Hard Rock through Virgin holidays this year and it was £400 cheaper than every where else. I booked my flights separate with my air miles and Disney hotel through hotels.com.

Not necessarily with Virgin as you can cook it separate and still get all the benefits. I booked Hard Rock through Virgin holidays this year and it was £400 cheaper than every where else. I booked my flights separate with my air miles and Disney hotel through hotels.com.
Really I’ll try it

Step one is done. Step two should be to raise the APs significantly more. In particular the seasonal (or just drop it altogether). I know, heresy. But I’m selfish and want the little guy left out in the cold so I can have less crowds. :fight:

It's pretty wild how cheap APs are.

A 3-Park non-FL-resident Premier Pass is $587.19. That's the equivalent of buying 5 1-day value passes.

* Yes I know that's a flawed comparison but I'm just trying to prove a point. You would think that the difference between a one-day pass and an AP would be orders of magnitude.

It's pretty wild how cheap APs are.

A 3-Park non-FL-resident Premier Pass is $587.19. That's the equivalent of buying 5 1-day value passes.

* Yes I know that's a flawed comparison but I'm just trying to prove a point. You would think that the difference between a one-day pass and an AP would be orders of magnitude.
They make more money off of you the more you come/stay...So it makes sense

The APs and multiday are far more reasonable price wise...I'm pretty sure that's on purpose

This is such a difference from the way UOR prices hotels.

Disney has been making everything super expensive. Yet, Universal keeps raising ticket prices while keeping hotel prices reasonable. Most of their value hotels are actually quite cheap.

It just seems super weird to me. You either make everything pricer (get more money out of guests) or you make everything cheaper (attract more guests). Universal's all over the place when it comes to pricing.

Disney has been making everything super expensive. Yet, Universal keeps raising ticket prices while keeping hotel prices reasonable. Most of their value hotels are actually quite cheap.

It just seems super weird to me. You either make everything pricer (get more money out of guests) or you make everything cheaper (attract more guests). Universal's all over the place when it comes to pricing.
The hotels aren't operating at a loss that requires higher ticket prices. Also the convenience of on site at universal is less pronounced due to the fact that the resort and surrounding area is more compact than the Disney sprawl. They probably feel the need to be a bit more competitive with area hotels. You can chalk up cheaper hotels to less infrastructure cost and sustained occupancy too I'm sure.
Step one is done. Step two should be to raise the APs significantly more. In particular the seasonal (or just drop it altogether). I know, heresy. But I’m selfish and want the little guy left out in the cold so I can have less crowds. :fight:
Prices are sky high enough as it is. I think you should pay more for daily express or the premium annual pass in that case which already make waits longer for those "little guys" aka the middle class. But hey in modern america some people are trained to advocate for the corporation to screw the middle class to benefit rich people. God help us if the filthy plebs getting in the way of their experience.

And remember Disney has cheap non peak season passes as well. They are just only available to Florida residents. They are pretty much the only ones in the industry that block people from entire tiers of passes. I expect universal keep the current system and just raise pass prices in relation current ticket prices. The trend still is to punish anyone getting a 1 day and discount multi days. For the amount of stuff to do and benefits needs the universal passes can be a worse value than Disney for some people even though they start cheaper.

Last edited:

I would guess that the people buying just single day tickets spend the least on things things like food and souvenirs when compared to onsite guests and those with annual passes.

Those who stay onsite are a more captive audience and therefore likely to eat more at Universal's restaurants (and at the nicer/more expensive ones) and spend more time in the various gift shops. I presume that Universal recognizes they have off property competition and don't want to limit the other revenue sources by pricing guests out of staying on property.