Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how long until we get the extremely vague announcement of a third park without any other kind of detail? I mean, a second park was announced in 1993. 6 years before IoA opened.

I think work will start long before there's an announcement. The land is devoid of infrastructure, so they'll be doing stuff like that for 3-4 years before any real construction starts, I'd imagine.

Reactions: Mike S
I think work will start long before there's an announcement. The land is devoid of infrastructure, so they'll be doing stuff like that for 3-4 years before any real construction starts, I'd imagine.

So in Universal time, 1-2 years. :lol:

But yea, unless they really want to keep focus on them during WDW's 50th and go even more all-in (which I doubt), this is 10 years down the road.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Ryno27
This is so mind-blowing to me. When Universal originally owned the Lockheed property, there was always the promise of even more exceitement yet to come from Universal.

When Vivendi (ugh) sold the property, the sentiment internally at Universal was pretty depressing. Kind of a "Welp, we're never going to get that land back. What we have is what we will have... forever." It was sad and did a number on the morale of the team members.

I never thought I would see the day where this property was re-acquired. Ever.

Wow.

My big concern is that they build 2 more parks.One of the main reasons I prefer Universal over Disney is how more compact it is. It's the same reason that I thought Disneyland was far superior to WDW.

Personally, I can't see them building 2 parks, but a park and a water park with hotels, I can.

I think we'll eventually get a 4th park but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to even be discussing that. I can't see them using the non-park space all for hotels.

My big concern is that they build 2 more parks.One of the main reasons I prefer Universal over Disney is how more compact it is. It's the same reason that I thought Disneyland was far superior to WDW.

Personally, I can't see them building 2 parks, but a park and a water park with hotels, I can.

You're probably seeing 1 park that's a bit larger than USF/IOA, nighttime district, and 3-4 hotels.

Status
Not open for further replies.