Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I asked, at quick glance it looked very simular size wise. So we could fit two hotels and two parks and a city walk :) Personally I think a third park will be much larger, that way they can build larger thematic areas. Will also be interesting, that if there is a citywalk component, what will this be like? I'd love for 'citywalk' done like an ancient district a la Lost Continent.
Cool. Citiwalk as an ancient bazaar.

Reactions: anihilnation
PS: Can we please have a kebab place in the new citywalk :)

A man after my heart!

That's why I asked, at quick glance it looked very simular size wise. So we could fit two hotels and two parks and a city walk :) Personally I think a third park will be much larger, that way they can build larger thematic areas. Will also be interesting, that if there is a citywalk component, what will this be like? I'd love for 'citywalk' done like an ancient district a la Lost Continent.

A concern I have with adding another CityWalk is that it feels like its going to be overkill. You have the original one and it sounds like one is going to be at the Wet n Wild plot (Which I love the idea of, if it surrounded the lake and felt like a boardwalk or old fashioned pier).

How many restaurants do we need? I can see the need to have something connecting the new park, hotels and new car park but if a monorail is built, everything is going to be within such a short distance that it feels like overkill.

Reactions: anihilnation
A man after my heart!

A concern I have with adding another CityWalk is that it feels like its going to be overkill. You have the original one and it sounds like one is going to be at the Wet n Wild plot (Which I love the idea of, if it surrounded the lake and felt like a boardwalk or old fashioned pier).

How many restaurants do we need? I can see the need to have something connecting the new park, hotels and new car park but if a monorail is built, everything is going to be within such a short distance that it feels like overkill.
It would need real originality, hence the bazaar idea. A kebab place, a tea shop where you can have turkish apple tea, an international house of curry, a Greek place, North African cuisine ...

A man after my heart!

I keep thinking that restaurants would do well so close to the Convention Centre.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I believe there is only one way this could happen. If uni/Comcast wants to take the affordable route anyways. Universal would chip in a large sum of money. The rest would then be provided by FDOT (their biggest obstacle) And the rest the county. You could possibly even allow local businesses that would highly benefit from this addition to chip in but that's murky in the sense that I don't think Comcast would want that.. either way if this route is taken which I think would be the easiest for Comcast it would be public transportation as public money would have been used for it. This would allow universal to not have to spend much money maintaining this system. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if the county/state would throw a management company into the mix like Lynx or rail company. This would however bring up the possibility of expansion far beyond just universals parks.

Just my thought anyway.

There is no way that they don't build a Citiwalk at the south property. Right next to their third gate, new resort hotels and the convention center. No way they are going to force all of those people to shuttle all the way to the other areas or I drive. If anything, I can't see them doing one at the WnW plot. I'm thinking that will have more in-hotel restaurants and shops than a dedicated area.

Reactions: Stitch_101
I really don't envy the people are Universal Creative right now. They've been pumping out some great rides for the past few years and they now have the task of creating not 1 or 2 or 3 rides but a whole park of rides and not only that, it has to exceed everything they've done recently.

But if anybody can do it, I'm sure they can.
Lots of subcontracting to people like Goddard Group will be happening already I am sure!

I believe there is only one way this could happen. If uni/Comcast wants to take the affordable route anyways. Universal would chip in a large sum of money. The rest would then be provided by FDOT (their biggest obstacle) And the rest the county. You could possibly even allow local businesses that would highly benefit from this addition to chip in but that's murky in the sense that I don't think Comcast would want that.. either way if this route is taken which I think would be the easiest for Comcast it would be public transportation as public money would have been used for it. This would allow universal to not have to spend much money maintaining this system. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if the county/state would throw a management company into the mix like Lynx or rail company. This would however bring up the possibility of expansion far beyond just universals parks.

Just my thought anyway.

I don't see them doing this. For many reasons.

1. Guests would have to pay to get from park to park
2. Way more stops would be added allowing guests to leave property very easily.
3. The public would have a huge outcry if tax money was being used to fund Universals transportation
4. It involves City and County politics along with State. So funding even within the government becomes really murky.

Reactions: Scott W.

3. The public would have a huge outcry if tax money was being used to fund Universals transportation
4. It involves City and County politics along with State. So funding even within the government becomes really murky.

Spot on. Remember the outcry about the Cabana Bay? Bridge built using taxpayers money.

If it's partly city funded and has to include extra stops, it might not save Universal any money at all due to the extra costs.

I agree it is VERY murky however i can only envision universal using i4 to get to the destination. therefore bringing in sate and county etc. i do believe that if you have to deal with your point 1.. then point 4 becomes less of a problem. no doubt they would have to compromise unless they go on a land buying spree.

UniTransport | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

What i think is some options they have.. and it will be very difficult but if you ask me red and green become much easier with the inclusion of some property purchases.

No doubt about it, they're going to follow Universal Blvd as I think a stop at the Wet n Wild plot would be mandatory. It would also be far easier to construct.

The stop for the new land will probably be on the other side of the plot as they can access it from Universal Blvd without having to buy additional land.

No doubt about it, they're going to follow Universal Blvd as I think a stop at the Wet n Wild plot would be mandatory. It would also be far easier to construct.

The stop for the new land will probably be on the other side of the plot as they can access it from Universal Blvd without having to buy additional land.
Absolutely once their at their land they can have it go anywhere they would like. I would think a stop at the current parking lot of wet n wild and keep heading down that way

I thought this was a part of the property Universal acquired (image is at the following link). Could someone make a map that shows what property Universal actually bought?

Yeah, that has become the new myth based on previous dreamy dreams.

Here is a better example of what Uni purchased that I created back in Nov. or Dec. and posted here:

Uni_south_borders_zpsimmp3upn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.