Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I Know Nothing". Sgt Schultz lives.;)
sgt-schultz.jpg

:lol:

Reactions: Mad Dog
Question: Is this new land purchase near any immediate residential areas or anything? Is it possible that this new park could have a larger, louder nighttime show?

Question: Is this new land purchase near any immediate residential areas or anything? Is it possible that this new park could have a larger, louder nighttime show?

There's a pesky, new apartment complex that just popped up in the last few years along Universal Blvd., plus the Rosen campus housing and The District, which is local residential as well right on Universal Blvd. It is also very close to the Orangewood neighborhood (other side of 528), and I'd imagine they may not be thrilled with a loud nighttime fireworks show.

This is why I believe UOR was raising issues with Skyplex. Raise the issues now, get them shot down, their plans go forward.

Reactions: Mad Dog
As someone who lives in a home closer to MK than some of the monorail resorts... I'd say the people who live near USF need to suck it up so everyone else can get a cool night time show.

While I agree with you, the big difference between you and the neighbors near USF is that Disney came first and everyone that moved near MK was well aware of the noise issues. Now I imagine that more than 50% of the people who now live near Uni also knew what they were moving next too. But I imagine there are still some people who exist that lived by Uni when Uni opened.

But I agree, I think anything before 11 PM is fair game.

Reactions: SeventyOne
While I agree with you, the big difference between you and the neighbors near USF is that Disney came first and everyone that moved near MK was well aware of the noise issues. Now I imagine that more than 50% of the people who now live near Uni also knew what they were moving next too. But I imagine there are still some people who exist that lived by Uni when Uni opened.

But I agree, I think anything before 11 PM is fair game.
I know a guy who bought a house by Universal long before it was built. He still lives there and they give him free tickets every year as a sort of thank you for putting up with the noise.

I know a guy who bought a house by Universal long before it was built. He still lives there and they give him free tickets every year as a sort of thank you for putting up with the noise.

That's very nice of Universal. I'd be interested to hear what their opinion is of the resort.

Thanks for posting. I always felt confident that they did stuff like this but had never seen it confirmed as you have done.

So I've been working on digital map drawing/tracing in Illustrator off and on, starting with tracing the OCCC/Universal Blvd area, and decided just a bit ago to try and add the Kirkman Rd and Mandarin Way extensions as well as confirmed/existing development I could nail down happening along Universal Blvd. Below is the current version. It's still a work in progress but it does show the expected path of the road extensions into the Lockheed area based on the best info I could find using my phone (some sites/docs just don't play well with mobile). The purple line is of course Kirkman, and the black next to Perimeter Rd is Mandarin. Now the plan I found suggests Mandarin would continue past Kirkman, but I haven't found anything that shows its path after the intersection, so I ended it there.

image.jpeg

EDIT: I would like to do a trace/draw of the entire Univeral Blvd/I-Drive area to show transit and development ideas, but that would require tiling and lining up screenshots or finding free vector maps, which I've not wanted to bother with yet, but may attempt soon. Any ideas or requests for what to include will be entertained, but I am just figuring this stuff out, so nothing too detailed/difficult.

Last edited:
So I've been working on digital map drawing/tracing in Illustrator off and on, starting with tracing the OCCC/Universal Blvd area, and decided just a bit ago to try and add the Kirkman Rd and Mandarin Way extensions as well as confirmed/existing development I could nail down happening along Universal Blvd. Below is the current version. It's still a work in progress but it does show the expected path of the road extensions into the Lockheed area based on the best info I could find using my phone (some sites/docs just don't play well with mobile). The purple line is of course Kirkman, and the black next to Perimeter Rd is Mandarin. Now the plan I found suggests Mandarin would continue past Kirkman, but I haven't found anything that shows its path after the intersection, so I ended it there.

View attachment 1626

EDIT: I would like to do a trace/draw of the entire Univeral Blvd/I-Drive area to show transit and development ideas, but that would require tiling and lining up screenshots or finding free vector maps, which I've not wanted to bother with yet, but may attempt soon. Any ideas or requests for what to include will be entertained, but I am just figuring this stuff out, so nothing too detailed/difficult.

I'll have a look and see if I can find a vector map for you.

Reactions: maxairmike

View attachment 1626

PDF do you?

It previews as a low res jpeg but if you download it using the icon in the top right hand corner it's all good.

map (1).pdf - DocDroid

Status
Not open for further replies.