Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair warning: obsessive crazy types man those maps. They're worse than model train builders. Do not interact unless you want to go down that rabbit hole. Smile, nod, take your maps and walk away without making eye contact.

That's a pretty neat source for information, thanks for sharing! It even maps out ride paths.

There's 2 ways to export. There is an export button but if you go to share on the right hand side, you can make it a SVG or pdf and you can change the scale.

But yeah, it's a great resource and it gives you a some great options.

I was standing outside of City Hall, and a guy just walked out the door with a giant roll of well over 100 sets of blueprints. They had the Universal logo on them. Looks like Universal plans on building lots of stuff in Orlando.
That's the new Comcast/Universal that we have learned to love. Scotty, warp speed!!! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Scott W.
I was standing outside of City Hall, and a guy just walked out the door with a giant roll of well over 100 sets of blueprints. They had the Universal logo on them. Looks like Universal plans on building lots of stuff in Orlando.
That reminds me of the time a few months ago when we were visiting relatives who were staying at a Universal-partnered hotel (the name escapes me right now). I was running to the bathroom in the lobby and saw that the conference hall was being rented out... by Universal Creative. Man, I was so tempted to eavesdrop. :lol:

I wonder what these plans were regarding...I mean 100 plans sounds like the number of plans you would need for the new resort more so than park replacements and upgrades

I wonder what these plans were regarding...I mean 100 plans sounds like the number of plans you would need for the new resort more so than park replacements and upgrades
100 is probably an under estimate. The only thing I can think of that would need the mass of plans the guy had is the new property. If so, they are moving faster than I thought.

I was really temped to knock the guy unconscious and make off with the blueprints.

100 is probably an under estimate. The only thing I can think of that would need the mass of plans the guy had is the new property. If so, they are moving faster than I thought.

I was really temped to knock the guy unconscious and make off with the blueprints.

That's really crazy. Should have..jk though since you are a member of the press that would given you a leg up

I believe one of our insiders told us a couple of weeks ago that there was a week or so of meetings being held by Universal Execs., at a local undisclosed location, chartering the course for the near and future. I would speculate these blue prints are connected to those high level meetings.

Plans for the new property wouldn't be filed at city hall though, as that's the City of Orlando, and the new property is located within unincorporated Orange County. Their permitting office is located off Roslind.

Reactions: Mike S and JoeCamel
I'm calling it now. Construction on the 3rd gate starts in 2017!
I don't think Universal will drag their feet on the new property. They bought it for a purpose. Whenever they do start, though, I would wager that Universal could put a new park up in about the same time that Disney builds a new land.

I'm calling it now. Construction on the 3rd gate starts in 2017!
That seems very reasonable, no reason to just sit on the vacant land. That should be in line with a 2020 opening.
Plans for the new property wouldn't be filed at city hall though, as that's the City of Orlando, and the new property is located within unincorporated Orange County. Their permitting office is located off Roslind.
I guess the monorail connecting the resorts would have to though.

I don't think Universal will drag their feet on the new property. They bought it for a purpose. Whenever they do start, though, I would wager that Universal could put a new park up in about the same time that Disney builds a new land.
Yeah that seems right, I checked most other recent park construction projects seems to be about 3 years from groundbreaking to opening.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I guess the monorail connecting the resorts would have to though.

That and Wet n' Wild are all located within the City of Orlando, so could be...

However, permitting submittals with the city for even for restaurant renovations can be several hundred pages when you factor in all the civil, architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing drawings that go into a project.

Status
Not open for further replies.