Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Universal announced anything around Nintendo though?

I certainly recall Nintendo announcing that they had entered into an agreement (and I do think Universal did speak of the agreement)...Anyway, I just felt like the announcement here was something more along the lines of two publicly traded companies disclosing a deal (I wouldn't know if it was something they had to do or maybe one of them wanted to show how they were branching out a bit on how they use their Properties).

I just feel whafever was announced might have been closer to construction had it been an IP that Universal had control over. I imagine that Avatar's IP holder could have wanted the deal announced by Disney at the time the deal was made...but then we have the talk from Disney for the Star Wars area that they are building to go by to see what Disney prefers compared to UNI projects such as VB, F&F, and Fallon.
You're splitting hairs though. Avatar would've been announced much closer to construction if FOX/Cameron wasn't involved. Same with Uni/Nintendo.

Sure Uni themselves may not have formally said anything, but it's out in the open. Saying it's different because only Nintendo said it's coming to the parks instead of Uni is splitting hairs really thin.

Last edited:
I'm still really excited about Nintendo at UNI, but a part of me wishes it would have been saved for a third park so it wouldn't have to be built in an existing area where space is an issue and actually have the park built around the land.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Probably later, the project is changing, growing, and morphing. In a good way, not a "lets cut the coaster out and maybe the boat ride" sort of way.

In a way, its good that Comcast and Nintendo are both agreeing to eachother in such a major project like this, especially as theres a lot of things that you need to get right; even more than Potter in a way. Unlike Potter where its in a confined location, it seems that UC is being given the keys to multiple universes; not just Mario and not just DK's.

Although, I know this is a bit facetious, but wouldn't It make sense to get back onto topic?

Reactions: Mike S
In a way, its good that Comcast and Nintendo are both agreeing to eachother in such a major project like this, especially as theres a lot of things that you need to get right; even more than Potter in a way. Unlike Potter where its in a confined location, it seems that UC is being given the keys to multiple universes; not just Mario and not just DK's.

Although, I know this is a bit facetious, but wouldn't It make sense to get back onto topic?
Shouldn't Nintendo, which is part of future "Uni Resort Expansion", be considered on-topic?

Yes, I would like them to widen their scope for Nintendo and find a plot of land 12 to 14 acres that could showcase Nintendo without constraining it with land size restraints.

Reactions: misterID
One of the biggest problems I see with new IPs is that the biggest, best and most popular ones are now spoken for. Harry Potter, Star Wars, Pixar and Marvel are being used and the only IP I can see that's any where near in the same league as them is Lord of the Rings.
Yeah, as the years go on the picking gets slimmer and slimmer. But I will say this, if universal pulls off a good attraction based on Jimmy effing fallon, they can pull off anything.

One of the biggest problems I see with new IPs is that the biggest, best and most popular ones are now spoken for. Harry Potter, Star Wars, Pixar and Marvel are being used and the only IP I can see that's any where near in the same league as them is Lord of the Rings.

Hmm, what if they do something unique with an IP....more like company branding, the way there's Hershey or Coca-Cola exhibits in the various parks. I'm not saying I think it's necessarily a good idea, just putting it out there as a possibility.

Or what if Universal decides to do their own futuristic theme park, leaving Epcot's "Future World" in the dust....THAT would be crazy

Hmm, what if they do something unique with an IP....more like company branding, the way there's Hershey or Coca-Cola exhibits in the various parks. I'm not saying I think it's necessarily a good idea, just putting it out there as a possibility.

Or what if Universal decides to do their own futuristic theme park, leaving Epcot's "Future World" in the dust....THAT would be crazy
Yes it would. I don't know if they're all old or what, but it just seems like Disney's creative team is always mediocre. Just lacking the wow factor.

That is definitely a problem with relying on big tentpoles for theme parks. Eventually you run out of them.

Reactions: Clive and Mike S
Status
Not open for further replies.