Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 147 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is definitely a problem with relying on big tentpoles for theme parks. Eventually you run out of them.

Hopefully this will bring some original ideas back to the parks and add a new generation of creativity. The big IPs will hopefully draw enough of a crowd to allow the flexibility to add something like that.

Reactions: Mike S
Hopefully this will bring some original ideas back to the parks and add a new generation of creativity. The big IPs will hopefully draw enough of a crowd to allow the flexibility to add something like that.
Universal still has enough of it's content sitting unused. Ghostbusters, BTTF, Jaws, possibly SLoP, Pitch Perfect, Fantastic Beasts, ET (if it goes away), etc. They have more than enough properties, but the BIG properties that deserve lands are dwindling.

I would like to see a few original ideas though.

Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.
Universal still has enough of it's content sitting unused. Ghostbusters, BTTF, Jaws, possibly SLoP, Pitch Perfect, Fantastic Beasts, ET (if it goes away), etc. They have more than enough properties, but the BIG properties that deserve lands are dwindling.

I would like to see a few original ideas though.

Ghostbusters isn't Uni, FWIW.

Someone very Spirited on the magic side of things seems to predict a hotel announcement very soon not just for Florida though. Anyone else would like to confirm deny speculate?

Not just for Florida? I wonder if that means that Hollywood is finally breaking ground on one of their resorts.

Someone very Spirited on the magic side of things seems to predict a hotel announcement very soon not just for Florida though. Anyone else would like to confirm deny speculate?
Not just for Florida? I wonder if that means that Hollywood is finally breaking ground on one of their resorts.

Would not surprise me. Maybe whatever is replacing Wet N Wild is also coming to USH?

Between DreamWorks, Nintendo, and the long-rumored Seuss, Marvel, Jurassic Park/World, Pets expansions (+ LOTR), Universal really has a lot to work with.

I'm sure their plans have changed but I'm interested to see what's get built in the next 3-6 years.

Between DreamWorks, Nintendo, and the long-rumored Seuss, Marvel, Jurassic Park/World, Pets expansions (+ LOTR), Universal really has a lot to work with.

I'm sure their plans have changed but I'm interested to see what's get built in the next 3-6 years.

There has been no mention of LOTR coming to the parks. That, would be more speculation; besides the upcoming court case that Time Warner is going to have with the estate.

There has been no mention of LOTR coming to the parks. That, would be more speculation; besides the upcoming court case that Time Warner is going to have with the estate.

Yeah I know. I just lumped it in because its been talked about (in the forums and elsewhere) for so long.

Even if they don't get it there's tons of other stuff they have to use, not to mention original ideas. It's just gonna be incredible to watch to watch.

I know in the February Comcast earnings call that they said there was a $130 million, 475 acre land purchase "adjacent to an existing theme park" that basically confirmed that Universal had bought the land on Universal Blvd., but the first public documents have finally been filed with the SFWMD for said land, and we now have definitive, black and white evidence that Universal is indeed its owner.

Now, before anyone gets excited, this permit filing is only for "the construction of drainage facilities to bring the permit into compliance" but it at least shows that Universal is already getting the gears in motion to start developing the land, even if they don't have definitive plans just yet.

So, the "owner" of the land is listed as SLRC Holdings, LLC, which is just a generic company used for the paperwork and transfer of the land ownership used to hide the real identity of the owner. The confirmation that SLRC Holdings, LLC is a part of Universal comes from the contacts listed for the company, and the individual who applied for this permit. The permit applicant was Peter Giacalone, the Senior Vice President of Business Development for Universal, and the primary contact for SLRC Holdings, LLC is John McReynolds, Universal's Senior Vice President of External Affairs.

lRXGWRL.png

UwWT57O.png

fxxmUqV.png

And lastly, here's a handy map of the land that Universal (SLRC Holdings, LLC - in purple) owns:
Px2aSGY.jpg

How sure are we that this identity known as UCPM III LLC isn't Universal/Comcast?

Fourth Quarter properties might be a nice piece to buy next, but i'd agree if the neon green/yellow isnt uni already in any way that is prime land to buy up specially bordering the land you just purchased.

"Universal City Property Management II LLC is based in the United States. Universal City Property Management II LLC operates as a subsidiary of NBCUniversal Media, LLC."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.