Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 200 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if the rumor I heard that the iFly location on I-Drive was purchased by Universal? I just saw they are opening their new location in April and I heard that Universal may have purchased the old one. That could be an integral part of a transportation link between the current property and the Wet N Wild property.

I've not heard anybody say it but I've thought this myself. There are buildings to the north and south blocking a direct path but it sounds plausible.

Looks like the "Circus School" and the Walgreens would be the only obstacles. They could always work out deals to relocate them as part of the redevelopment. Universal already has a relationship with Walgreens which runs their Team Care Pharmacy on property.

Google Maps

Looks like the "Circus School" and the Walgreens would be the only obstacles. They could always work out deals to relocate them as part of the redevelopment. Universal already has a relationship with Walgreens which runs their Team Care Pharmacy on property.

Google Maps

You'd have thought they would have just went to the other side of Universal Blvd and either move IHOP or build them a new car park.

Google Maps
Thanks for posting the link. I was trying to visualize the location. Yes, that certainly would make sense that Universal would purchase that to use it as part of the link (whatever transportation mode that may end up being) to the Wet & Wild parcel and ultimately the fourth park further down Universal Blvd. I remember when Dave (Disney Head) was showing me the green way median strip down the middle of Universal Blvd. Just perfect for the route to the new park.

Anyone know if the rumor I heard that the iFly location on I-Drive was purchased by Universal? I just saw they are opening their new location in April and I heard that Universal may have purchased the old one. That could be an integral part of a transportation link between the current property and the Wet N Wild property.
Could. Business journal just put an article out that doesn't necessarily say yes or no to that.

To piggy back off of what you said I heard the same so. Not sure. Would be great.

What exactly would that achieve? It looks like there's a whole bunch of other buildings and complexes between the Lockheed site and the old resort.
Once they get to Wet & Wild they can just use the median strip on Universal Blvd, until they reach the stretch of empty land that's Universal's and then switch the transportation to that side of the road. Disneyhead drove me through that whole stretch and showed how it could be achieved. Looked pretty feasible to my untrained eye.

Reactions: Nico and GadgetGuru
Once they get to Wet & Wild they can just use the median strip on Universal Blvd, until they reach the stretch of empty land that's Universal's and then switch the transportation to that side of the road. Disneyhead drove me through that whole stretch and showed how it could be achieved. Looked pretty feasible to my untrained eye.

It's almost perfect for it. The only issues I see, is crossing I4 like @GAcoaster said and the stretch of road north and south of Sand Lake Rd.

Reactions: Mad Dog

I'd listen to that podcast.

Reactions: Mad Dog
What's really sweet is the entrance to the fourth park could end up just about across the street of that huge Orlando Convention Center, if Universal deems it so....Great location.

It's almost perfect for it. The only issues I see, is crossing I4 like @GAcoaster said and the stretch of road north and south of Sand Lake Rd.
That's not even too bad since there's that wide median strip down the middle of the road. They'll probably run it through there, avoid the traffic, and when the strip disappears then they just move it to the land off the left side of the road.

Funny thing is Universal was asking about a location like iFly in their CityWalk survey a month or so ago.

Reactions: maroonmol and Joel
Funny thing is Universal was asking about a location like iFly in their CityWalk survey a month or so ago.
Not surprising since they have one at CityWalk in Hollywood.

20120629L-389.jpg

Reactions: maroonmol and Joel
Status
Not open for further replies.