Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 221 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just going to look that up so thanks for that. This really can't be more of an overflow lot, even for future developments there.

I think @Disneyhead hit the nail on the head. It will be a car park for the construction workers and I think this is somewhat telling about the speed they're planning to build this.

You'd imagine they would build the car park first and then work from there but it looks like they will be building the car park, theme park, CityWalk 2.0, infrastructure and probably a hotel or two and 2,451 spaces is a lot of workers.

Reactions: gator
Well, Universal is adding to its footprint. 100 more acres acquired off of Sand Lake Rd per Orlando Business Journal!

BREAKING: @UniversalORL buys 100 acres on Sand Lake Rd. Adds to 475 acres, gains new rd access (Subscriber Content)— https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...ve-universal-orlando-resortscoops-up-100.html

Morning guys! So just gonna leave my latest piece of AWESOME news.

It's paywalled, but I'll give you the highlights: Universal adds 100 acres. The land fronts Sand Lake Road, so now it gives them that access. Now Universal has 575 acres to play with.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...ve-universal-orlando-resortscoops-up-100.html
Any chance there's a map?

Morning guys! So just gonna leave my latest piece of AWESOME news.

It's paywalled, but I'll give you the highlights: Universal adds 100 acres. The land fronts Sand Lake Road, so now it gives them that access. Now Universal has 575 acres to play with.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...ve-universal-orlando-resortscoops-up-100.html

can't believe you'd rather break the news on OBJ before IU.. sure they pay you in $$, but we pay you our deepest appreciation and respect.. now that's priceless

Reactions: Disneyhead
I thought they didn't own the 79.7 acres on the right side of the boundary?

You are right. UCPM III is Stan Thomas. This is updated to show the main contiguous land. There are some pieces nearby (like the small pieces to the south that my last drawing shows, but this is the main bulk.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.10.00 AM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.10.00 AM (2).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 91
Ideal Site B:

2 (Potter Level Themed) Theme Parks

Hotels:
-2 'Prime Value' Hotels
-3 'Moderate' Hotels
-1 'Luxury Hotel'

This version of CityWalk will be located between both parks acting as the hub of the resort. Opposite sides of the area are the parks, on the other side is transport hub for both resort site connections, parking and bus, etc. Other side has transport to hotels via boat/bus.

Reactions: zg44
Status
Not open for further replies.