Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt CF would be interested in buying BGW when they have a park (virtually) down the street in King's Dominion that pulls from the same customer base.

EDIT: I see I missed the other posts. I just don't see Ouimet making this kind of move.
Even with that being the case, why not try and sell Kings Dominion and buy BGW (which is a much better park) if they are that worried about it?

I believe that a lot of people are missing the charm of CP. CP opened just 5 years after the Civil War in 1870. They added their first resort in 1905. Predating Disneyland as an amusement park destination resort by 50 years. Many of the parks buildings and attractions are on the National Historic Landmarks Registry including all 3 of the parks carousels. The Blue Streak, the parks oldest operating coaster (opened in 1964), was designed by legendary coaster designer John Allen, and built by the Philadelphia Tobaggan Co.

Or you can just look at it as the world's largest collection of amusement attractions. But this is a case where educating yourself as to what you are seeing can greatly enhance your experience.

Last edited:
I believe that a lot of people are missing the charm of CP. CP opened just 5 years after the Civil War in 1870. They added their first resort in 1905. Predating Disneyland as an amusement park destination resort by 50 years. Many of the parks buildings and attractions are on the National Historic Landmarks Registry including all 3 of the parks carousels. The Blue Streak, the parks oldest operating coaster (opened in 1964), was designed by legendary coaster designer John Allen, and built by the Philadelphia Tobaggan Co.

Or you can just look at it as the world's largest collection of amusement attractions. But this is a case where educating yourself as to what you are seeing can greatly enhance your experience.

Fair enough and that is something im guilty of. I do really enjoy reading about the history of these parks and oddly enough haven't really read up on CP but its on the to do list now

Last edited:
I loved Cedar Point when I visited it last summer. It was a very charming park, and as others have pointed out, it's got a lot more going for it than just the coasters. Being the adreniline junkies we are, my sister, cousin and I were at first just plain excited about the coasters. But when we got there, it was even cooler - we were right on the beach, staying at the oldest hotel on site, Hotel Breakers, which was beautiful (although the rooms could use a bit of renovation). It was very relaxing when we first got there, we didn't go to the parks that day. As it was a family affair, my brother and my cousin's father and his girlfriend came as well.
Point being we made it a family vacation, and that included my cousin's 5 year old. So I think people discredit the resort far too often. There's more to the resort than thrill rides, and it certainly isn't another "Six Flags" type of park. It has a history to it, and it's a fun resort to visit. If we were going back up the east coast next summer, I'd bet we would do it again.

My wedding was in Pittsburgh and my husband's family is all from Philly. They made sure to take side trips to Cedar Point and Kennywood. They loved both parks, but couldn't stop talking about CP and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law made a trip back there a couple years ago. This coming from people who are Disney crazed and want to move down to Orlando.

It really is a great park and I know I loved it as a kid. I remember Kennywood and CP trying to top each other with their big roller coasters. KW being land locked, they just could not compete. But I have always been into the history of KW and really is where my love of amusement parks began. I don't think I will make it to KW this year (probably do Idlewild with having a 2 year old), but next year for sure when my daughter is taller we will hit there. Then when she is much taller we will go to CP. I haven't been to CP in over 15 years, it is funny though because many of the coasters talked about here I do remember them.

My wedding was in Pittsburgh and my husband's family is all from Philly. They made sure to take side trips to Cedar Point and Kennywood. They loved both parks, but couldn't stop talking about CP and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law made a trip back there a couple years ago. This coming from people who are Disney crazed and want to move down to Orlando.

It really is a great park and I know I loved it as a kid. I remember Kennywood and CP trying to top each other with their big roller coasters. KW being land locked, they just could not compete. But I have always been into the history of KW and really is where my love of amusement parks began. I don't think I will make it to KW this year (probably do Idlewild with having a 2 year old), but next year for sure when my daughter is taller we will hit there. Then when she is much taller we will go to CP. I haven't been to CP in over 15 years, it is funny though because many of the coasters talked about here I do remember them.
Idlewild, the world's best kiddie park, and beautiful to boot in it's mountain setting. Izzie, they've redone the water park area and even put in a small lazy river.

Status
Not open for further replies.