Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 260 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When were these land use rights applied and by who? Why can’t they be removed if/when Uni acquires the land?
In the sentence you quoted I was referring to the fact that UCPM III owns property that can be used for offsetting wetlands removal.

The land use rights mentioned later on are a zoning thing which has been altered many times in the last 2 decades, and UCPM III might have control of. Universal can always ask for approval to build more hotel rooms on land they own, but surrounding land owners may not be very supportive of that.

Neither of the above is related to or will be affected by the current lawsuit. My understanding is that the lawsuit centers specifically around whether UCPM III has the right to prevent SLRC from building a theme park. (Analogous to whether a HOA has the right to prevent you from painting your house purple, for example.)

This should clear up what you were asking @Teebin original sale from vivendi placed restrictions and then Stan Thomas just expanded them to prevent universal from doing anything.

Yes, I understand this, but the lake is quite recent. Putting the lawsuit aside, I don’t understand why specific ownerships were placed on things like ponds and other water areas; that the land surrounding such water features don’t own the water features. It’s smacks as a kind of right-of-way.

I understand that it is what it is, but it seems so convoluted to me.

I would think that universal would present a whole new water feature plan to the state, county or city and that would be the end of it.

Yes, I understand this, but the lake is quite recent. Putting the lawsuit aside, I don’t understand why specific ownerships were placed on things like ponds and other water areas; that the land surrounding such water features don’t own the water features. It’s smacks as a kind of right-of-way.

I understand that it is what it is, but it seems so convoluted to me.

I would think that universal would present a whole new water feature plan to the state, county or city and that would be the end of it.
I believe its the norm for realtively small water ways to be privately owned, and privately maintained quite often as well. They just have to submit/follow the water management district plan to maintain said body and can't just go out destroying the environment/modifying the land in such a way it could cause issues to other land owners (runoff issues, etc)

The biggest tell in this is the orientation of everything else. Those warehouses will, short-term, probably take over off-site prop storage further down Sand Lake. The future development is likely to become Wardrobe South and satellite offices for HR and other support offices.

Regardless, we know Sand Lake is "backstage."

So SandLake will be a backstage entrance, which suggests all guest traffic will be directed down Universal Blvd.
Yeah, if anything this makes a Ripley's deal more likely since it appears as if that's around where most of the potential hotels would end up.

I don't understand the warehouses. Each is 200,000+ sq. ft. with 80+ dock doors. What do they need to move with that type of volume?

Perhap's they are using that as staging areas for certain aspects of construction? It could make sense, given that DnT will be taking over the staging area that has been used in Volcano Bay's timeline of construction.

At some point, I would think they would run out of things to move off-property. Some of those facilities just can’t be moved from backstage. Not everything can be far away from the park.

Some things can, though. “Warehouse”could mean a lot of different things, but you could definitely see food and merchandise put down there. Possibly even off-site maintenance (there are already spaces leased near the airport that include longer-term refurbishment work, along with a HHN warehouse and storage for Christmas/Mardi Gras decorations). Entertainment and wardrobe (processing new wardrobe items and storage/repairs for existing costumes) also have spaces blocked out behind the sound stages at UO, which really could be located anywhere else.

Plus employee parking could go over here with bus transportation to the UOR backstage gates for employee overflow (they’ve been pushing the limits of backstage parking, even with the TM garage). There could also be temporary parking in the “Future Expansion” space, just unpaved lots (similar to the old “Hollywood Lot” that was on the site of Volcano Bay). I could see the “Future Expansion”spaces being parking garages one day, and husnbejng the back of house area for a whole new park, so it would only make sense to have as much planned to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.