Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic Worlds and Where to Visit Them

Info from the filing:

Entertainment services in the nature of amusement park and theme park services; entertainment services in the nature of an amusement park ride; entertainment in the nature of amusement park attractions, namely, a themed area
Very very interesting.
newt-scamander-gif.gif

Seems pretty broad to me. If this goes through, and I wanted to open a theme park called Fantastic Worlds I think I would have infringement trouble

‘Universals Fantastic Worlds’ actually goes pretty well for a Park name when compared to Universals Islands of Adventure.
I get the Fantastic Beasts connection, but they could just be getting the permit secured on the down low.

Fun to speculate!

With context, probably. It gives me the vibe that a large portion will be fantastical and vivid. But on it's own, as a name, I don't get it.

Hopefully, with clarity, it can become better.
was trying to think of what is non -fantastical at IOA or USF. Fear Factor, Animal Actors and some of the street shows? But I get what you are saying.

Or something like this

Please no trams. Edinburgh has put me off them for life.

Fantastic Worlds and Where to Visit Them

Info from the filing:

Entertainment services in the nature of amusement park and theme park services; entertainment services in the nature of an amusement park ride; entertainment in the nature of amusement park attractions, namely, a themed area
Very very interesting.

This isn't related to Fantastic Beasts.

Monique Cheng Joe registers trademarks for Universal and everything for Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts goes through Warner Bros.

Last edited:
My question is, how early do permits/trademarks like this start popping up? Isn't it too early?
Maybe? Universal filed a bunch of trademarks over the name "Wondersea Island" in February 2015. Volcano Bay opened up in Fall (?) 2016, obviously using a totally different name.

*Looks at how far back Wondersea was trademarked*
Just barely beat you to it :grin:

This isn't related to Fantastic Beasts.

Monique Cheng Joe registers trademarks for Universal and everything for Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts goes through Warner Bros.

This is why I am happy that we have people like Scott, who can go in and tell off by just the name of who's responsible for what.

Makes me now think that Fantastic Worlds is a name they are floating around.

Don't we still have at least four years until this thing opens? That was two years before, this is much longer than that. It's a little odd.

Wondersea Island, was around MUCH LONGER than 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.