Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 356 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy fix to the sewer plant issue is just shifting the car park up and making the “back of house” almost like a number 7- with a thin line of back of house butting up to the sewer plant side. Then just shift everything else over left.

Thanks for the pics. No one does it like you.

I've got a few ideas for how ti change it about, I just need the motivation after sitting doing design work all day.

Yea. I could see another smaller venue like Hard Rock Live in the current CityWalk to hold concerts, but nothing like a huge stadium

I think we'll see a lot of crossover between the two CityWalks but I don't think a music venue is one of them. Something for a stage/broadway show would be similar but different.

I wonder how crazy they are going to go with CityWalk 2

I think they will aim for a Disney Springs vibe. No clubs, just upper-scale dining with unique theming, some unique quick-service concepts and try to wrangle up famous brands/stores that are not present in DS. I also see the potential of a Cirque show. In terms of Entertainment, something like the Void (unless Disney has the Orlando rights for it or some type of contract?) and maybe bowling/mini golf.

I think they will aim for a Disney Springs vibe. No clubs, just upper-scale dining with unique theming, some unique quick-service concepts and try to wrangle up famous brands/stores that are not present in DS. I also see the potential of a Cirque show. In terms of Entertainment, something like the Void (unless Disney has the Orlando rights for it or some type of contract?) and maybe bowling/mini golf.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm sure Universal have been watching Disney Springs closely.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
I could definitely see another mini golf somewhere in Site B

I wonder how crazy they are going to go with CityWalk 2

Maybe they’ll build a new theater (with a real IMAX? Fork and Screen?) and rework the old AMC space at CityWalk?

Edit: I’m sure there will be a Starbucks. And a Universal Store. Probably Cinnabon, Menchies, and Auntie Anne’s (filling in some of the small spaces). Maybe things like Bread Box or Red Oven will get new locations, or even franchised concepts like Panda Express or Moe’s Southwest Grill? If I had to guess, Margaritaville or Fat Tuesday’s (or both?) will get some kind of To-Go kiosk location. I imagine UO would want a Coca-Cola Store like Disney Springs has. Etc.

If I was in-charge, I’d do all of that with a few new things (8-10 shops, 3-5 new restaurant concepts, a concert venue and new standalone attraction), but save the big, exclusive, trendy marquee things (Toothsome, Voodoo Donuts) for years later, to rekindle interest in the place. Open some new things in a new CityWalk, alongside new rides/attractions/hotels in the future phases of the place. But that’s me.

Last edited:
Reactions: shiekra38
Question: Why keep the track there? They could have kept it on site with no issues.
Maybe it's easier to keep it there out of the way and only bring it over when they need it? But it seemed like they had the space for it on site so I'm not too sure.

A lot of that must be track for the maintenance building too.
They usually use two tube track for maintenance/storage, which I don't see much/any of in that bunch of track there.

How will it compete with I-drive when I-drive in and of itself is similar. DS has the essence of complete isolation when you are onsite that Universal currently does not have. Its the current Citywalk's problem as there is so many other places to go.

How will it compete with I-drive when I-drive in and of itself is similar. DS has the essence of complete isolation when you are onsite that Universal currently does not have. Its the current Citywalk's problem as there is so many other places to go.
I could see them mixing hotels with shopping and dining rather than a City Walk type entertainment area. Kind of like the way the Boardwalk at Disney is built or Grand Californian at DL. Shops restaurants on the first floor, hotel rooms on the upper levels. Maybe like 3-4 hotels all situated together/across from each other forming a shopping/dining district.

Having a theme park (maybe 2? and a water park?) with numerous hotels will allow this place to easily compete with I-Drive. Not too mention that if they add some type of show it'll attraction crowds.

I could see them mixing hotels with shopping and dining rather than a City Walk type entertainment area. Kind of like the way the Boardwalk at Disney is built or Grand Californian at DL. Shops restaurants on the first floor, hotel rooms on the upper levels. Maybe like 3-4 hotels all situated together/across from each other forming a shopping/dining district.
Agree, that's what I believe they will do as well. Not only does it save space, it will also drive the prices of the hotel rooms up. Bunch of restaurants and shops built within the ground floor of the hotels. In addition like we've discussed on here before, I believe other hotels will be integrated in a similar fashion within/adjacent to the new parks.

Maybe they’ll build a new theater (with a real IMAX? Fork and Screen?) and rework the old AMC space at CityWalk?

Edit: I’m sure there will be a Starbucks. And a Universal Store. Probably Cinnabon, Menchies, and Auntie Anne’s (filling in some of the small spaces). Maybe things like Bread Box or Red Oven will get new locations, or even franchised concepts like Panda Express or Moe’s Southwest Grill? If I had to guess, Margaritaville or Fat Tuesday’s (or both?) will get some kind of To-Go kiosk location. I imagine UO would want a Coca-Cola Store like Disney Springs has. Etc.

If I was in-charge, I’d do all of that with a few new things (8-10 shops, 3-5 new restaurant concepts, a concert venue and new standalone attraction), but save the big, exclusive, trendy marquee things (Toothsome, Voodoo Donuts) for years later, to rekindle interest in the place. Open some new things in a new CityWalk, alongside new rides/attractions/hotels in the future phases of the place. But that’s me.
Real 70mm IMAX is dead. Closest is Laser IMAX. LieMAX allows them to plaster the name all over other theaters

Real 70mm IMAX is dead. Closest is Laser IMAX. LieMAX allows them to plaster the name all over other theaters
I can vouch for this as my wife’s cinema that she works at had their IMAX changed over to digital 3-5 years ago I believe (maybe longer I can’t remember exactly). All laser and digital these days, rare to find actual film theaters anymore.

just curious. How long does it take to build a theme park from ground up? It takes a couple years just to build a ride, or land. Seems like a park would take 5 years? minimum

Status
Not open for further replies.