Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does them lifting the power pass blackout suggest that they aren't seeing the attendance they expected or is this a normal thing?

Could the Gringotts dump store not being hitting its target because of all the delays and shut downs the ride is having. Id like to see how well it performs once its hitting full capacity and dumping more people into the shop and more frequently.

Yeah, it's been crazy hot. Even early in the morning. My park itinerary so far this summer has been sleep in, pool time... and then in the later afternoon, head to the parks until close. (Except for DA where I was in front of USF at 5:55am. lol)

Could the Gringotts dump store not being hitting its target because of all the delays and shut downs the ride is having. Id like to see how well it performs once its hitting full capacity and dumping more people into the shop and more frequently.

Considering that would make a lot of sense, people will probably just ignore this post. When I worked at the Splash Mountain store if the ride was down for large portions of the day, we would come no where near budget. I'm aware that Splash Down Photo is a little more out of the way than Wiseacre's but it has an affect none the less.

Considering that would make a lot of sense, people will probably just ignore this post. When I worked at the Splash Mountain store if the ride was down for large portions of the day, we would come no where near budget. I'm aware that Splash Down Photo is a little more out of the way than Wiseacre's but it has an affect none the less.

Time will tell once the ride is up to 100%

BTW, totally off topic, but did you happen to see this years HHN yearbook from last year's event? There is a nice pic of you in it being scared in AWIL.

I just checked the power pass blockout dates and it still says it i 'till the 14th, am I missing something?
At the moment my plan is to go the 15th, the first day after the blockout.

On a sidenote, yesterday I was at seaworld and it was not too busy there (aquatica was though), Manta was only 20 minutes.

I'm sure that's the case. Same thing with the Gringotts ID photos as well. They must get no foot traffic for huge chunks at a time.

Do any of you insiders see Oculus Rift being used as part of the future attractions at Universal especially with Legendary using it a lot for their projects and with legendary also collaborating with the parks?

Do any of you insiders see Oculus Rift being used as part of the future attractions at Universal especially with Legendary using it a lot for their projects and with legendary also collaborating with the parks?

I hope not. I didn't really enjoy using the technology. I think it'll cause quite a few headaches for folks...heck, half the screen based attractions do that to people already!

I just checked the power pass blockout dates and it still says it i 'till the 14th, am I missing something?
At the moment my plan is to go the 15th, the first day after the blockout.

On a sidenote, yesterday I was at seaworld and it was not too busy there (aquatica was though), Manta was only 20 minutes.

I had to go back to see what I had done. I do not follow twitter or face book or anything, but last night I was on my PC when I was going to the UNI site to check hotel rates, Bing brought up a post from UNI, looking today, it appears it was a Facebook post about the Power Pass that has the updated black out dates....

I used more words, but it was what I was trying to get at when I asked if they adjust targets based on less folks being dumped to the store considering the ride is not up to capacity yet, I assume.

:cheers:

- - - Updated - - -

Does them lifting the power pass blackout suggest that they aren't seeing the attendance they expected or is this a normal thing?

Besides what Disneyhead mentioned, I could see them setting the dates as a way to entice folks to upgrade/buy the preferred pass (again prior to anyone knowing when DA would open).

So w/o inside insight, there is no way to know.

I still feel UOR is having a great summer.

I had to go back to see what I had done. I do not follow twitter or face book or anything, but last night I was on my PC when I was going to the UNI site to check hotel rates, Bing brought up a post from UNI, looking today, it appears it was a Facebook post about the Power Pass that has the updated black out dates....

Now I'm confused, Power Pass Blackout Dates have been updated since you posted that Frank. New dates from their website right now

Power Pass
Enjoy all the thrills at both Universal Studios Florida & Universal’s Islands of Adventure (Blockout dates apply.)
Free admission to select special events such as Mardi Gras, Macy's Holiday Parade™ and Grinchmas™
10% off multi-day theme park admission tickets purchased at the front gate (Up to 6 people per transaction per day; not valid on 3-Park Unlimited tickets, Universal Express passes, or tickets with Universal Express)
Special discounts on separately ticketed events such as Halloween Horror Nights®, Rock the Universe and New Year’s Eve

2014 Blockout Dates:
Universal Studios Florida:
January 1 - 3, 2014
April 12 – 25, 2014
June 14 – July 31, 2014
December 19 - 31, 2014

Islands of Adventure:
January 1 - 3, 2014
April 12 – 25, 2014
December 19-31, 2014

Update: No confusion anymore, Power Pass black out dates have been lifted and are officially allowed into the park right now. Fiancee just called to verify it, looks like someone forgot to update the blackout calendar page.

Last edited:
Last year they lifted the Studio's power pass blackout dates apx. the same time, even though they had the huge 25% increases with the Transformer's/Springfield opening. Disneyhead's & Frank's explanations seems like they may be some of the reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.