Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 58 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What all is actually included in that plaza? If it follows the path of the road around those old dilapidated hotels it is a perimeter of 1.22 miles-ish. Didn't go with any of those fancy tools that determine area just the google maps drawing tool.

The area shaded in blue is the area that was purchased. Includes an Ale House, Starbucks, Walgreens, Burger King, and a Kobe Steakhouse.

map_zpsg1ifxvjo.jpg

step one in acquiring all that land right there. we all have proposed that Uni bought that whole area for more hotels, 3rd gate, or something. i wondering are they pulling a Walt and going to buy it piece by piece by "other companies" so the prices won't sky rocket. :sigh: wishful thinking.

step one in acquiring all that land right there. we all have proposed that Uni bought that whole area for more hotels, 3rd gate, or something. i wondering are they pulling a Walt and going to buy it piece by piece by "other companies" so the prices won't sky rocket. :sigh: wishful thinking.

I think the days were that is possible is long gone. Far too easy for people to pull on strings to find where the money is coming from.

I mean I guess they have to do what they have to do. There is only so many directions they can go for expansion, considering every plot they had vacant is being used for a project. I would love to see that entire corner between I-4 and Vineland be Universal

And so the purchases begin...

I dont know how, but can someone show in a pic the blue area in between:

Vineland Rd
I4
Turnpike
S. Kirkman Road

IMO, this is the first of many purchases we will see in the next two years to buy up all of that land

Is the square footage listed just the buildings per se, and the parking area additional? Or is the entire section just over an acre? The area shaded actually looks like it's a few acres ..

Geez I just looked at the amount of land, and holy hell did they spend a lot for barely an acre of land

Wait... what Briman outlined is closer to 8 acres. Where are you getting one acre?

Is the square footage listed just the buildings per se, and the parking area additional? Or is the entire section just over an acre? The area shaded actually looks like it's a few acres ..

yeah... it is. I measured it in Google Earth.

Last edited:
I think the days were that is possible is long gone. Far too easy for people to pull on strings to find where the money is coming from.

It might be possible. Comcast is a big entity with many many branches under them with alot of money and power behind them. They just snuck and bought time Warner out without many knowing until it was late. I wouldn't put it past them. Lol

Operating income is the company's revenue minus expenses directly related to operating the business. Net income is the revenue minus all expenses, which would add on things like interest and taxes, among others. This is what you hear referred to as the "bottom line". Equity is funds received from the sale of stock. Hope that helps.

Operating income is the company's revenue minus expenses directly related to operating the business. Net income is the revenue minus all expenses, which would add on things like interest and taxes, among others. This is what you hear referred to as the "bottom line". Equity is funds received from the sale of stock. Hope that helps.

Thanks Pat! So, as cable is the major part of Comcast's business, it seems like the smaller profits of the parks is a justifiable hobby, building something fun and big and pretty; a profitable vacation perk?

I have always felt that this is a "if you can't "buy'em, beat'em" game (referring to Disney).

Thanks Pat! So, as cable is the major part of Comcast's business, it seems like the smaller profits of the parks is a justifiable hobby, building something fun and big and pretty; a profitable vacation perk?

I have always felt that this is a "if you can't "buy'em, beat'em" game (referring to Disney).
That's probably a part of it. I'm sure there's a few vendettas present in the psyche of a couple of high ranking executives. But, the primary reason has to be the tremendous profit percentages generated thus far, and the profit potential. Nothing substitutes for a great bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.