Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The large drop in the Euro's value vs. the dollar may well portend less visits from Europe. Euro has dropped apx. 25 to 30% in the past year or so. And the South American economies often are in boom & bust cycles. Often, those visitors are the difference between profit/no profit for many businesses.

But you have to understand an American vacation is still very cheap for Europeans. Not as much anymore, but I dont believe the general consensus over there is that the trip to the parks has passed the threshold for money willing to be spent on a vacation.

Meanwhile, Unicorp National Developments Inc. President Chuck Whittall said during the State of I-Drive event that he is eying the 500 acres of land on Universal Boulevard behind the $200 million I-Drive 360. He didn't mention any details, but it's something to watch for in the future development of the tourist corridor.

500 acres? Anyone know where this is at?

http://m.bizjournals.com/orlando/ne...adds-zipline-amp-group-brings-new.html?r=full

Was just coming here to mention Chuck's mention of the Lockheed land tonight. The way he talked about it, it sounded like they already have development plans ready to act on if the opportunity arises. Definitely will be keeping my eye on things a little closer.

500 acres is a lot of land to have.. something universal desperately needs IMO.. I would think if it was at all possible that comcast would make a huge bid on that chunk of land. I dont think it would be all too bad (the distance) being that i Drive is really picking up i think it will be easier to propose a joint effort to build a CITY monorail? jus my thoughts.

Im also sure that universal at one point in time had plans for transportation somewhere deep in a lab as they once owned a lot of that land

Meanwhile, Unicorp National Developments Inc. President Chuck Whittall said during the State of I-Drive event that he is eying the 500 acres of land on Universal Boulevard behind the $200 million I-Drive 360. He didn't mention any details, but it's something to watch for in the future development of the tourist corridor.

500 acres? Anyone know where this is at?

http://m.bizjournals.com/orlando/ne...adds-zipline-amp-group-brings-new.html?r=full

South of Sand Lake Road
East of Universal Blvd
North of Universal Blvd (the curved part that runs east and west a bit)

That land right now is mixed use on the edges. Apartment complex being built, and a W hotel. Thats it for now.
If the Mag-Lev gets built, it's possible to see it take the Universal Blvd Route and sprout development of other sorts behind that land as well.

500 acres is a lot of land to have.. something universal desperately needs IMO.. I would think if it was at all possible that comcast would make a huge bid on that chunk of land. I dont think it would be all too bad (the distance) being that i Drive is really picking up i think it will be easier to propose a joint effort to build a CITY monorail? jus my thoughts.

Im also sure that universal at one point in time had plans for transportation somewhere deep in a lab as they once owned a lot of that land

why does universal desperately need 500 acres of land?

I honestly think these 2021 third gate rumors, coming from mainstream gaming sites, are potentially confusing a quote someone said about a "Nintendo Theme Park" at Universal. Third party IPS always love to call their areas "Theme Parks" as it sounds better and gets more press. That's what I think happened here, but I don't.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I am convinced that, by July 24, 2035, a third park will be built on property that will have been acquired within the next 5, along with 1 retail and entertainment district and 2 new hotels. Also, I expect DHS overhaul to be started by then. :lol:

Reactions: Shrunkenned
So when we are talking about the Major Blvd plot, we are referring to the area with the Doubletree and the Ale House?

I would hope so, because that's close enough to CityWalk, parking, and the hotel areas while still having room for a decent sized park with room for expansion.

Also, while a video game theme park still sounds interesting and like a logical progression from Universal Studios (a mostly movie based park) and Islands of Adventure (a mostly literature based park), I still wonder how much draw a video game theme park would have. I'm assuming there will be large focuses on series like Mario and Pokemon, and that will certainly help, but will stuff like Zelda and Warcraft have huge draw either?

Status
Not open for further replies.