Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope so, because that's close enough to CityWalk, parking, and the hotel areas while still having room for a decent sized park with room for expansion.

Also, while a video game theme park still sounds interesting and like a logical progression from Universal Studios (a mostly movie based park) and Islands of Adventure (a mostly literature based park), I still wonder how much draw a video game theme park would have. I'm assuming there will be large focuses on series like Mario and Pokemon, and that will certainly help, but will stuff like Zelda and Warcraft have huge draw either?

The "Video Game Park" is mostly a bunk rumor. Most of Nintendo's biggest properties are well represented in the land going into USF, and what will be left won't be something you make a cornerstone of a new park. Warcraft remains to be seen. It's a big gaming property, but any theme park attractions will depend on the success of the movie next year

Reactions: SeventyOne
With that area of expansion, would Universal, if they were to buy it, re-route or demolish that section of Major Blvd. and then make a pathway that would extend from the parking garage rotunda over the parking toll booth and the highway into the new property?

So this is probably nothing but there's a permit out today for interior demolition in the Miller Ale House. Any locals know if this is planned renovations?

image_zpsfodylecr.jpg

Last edited:
I would hope so, because that's close enough to CityWalk, parking, and the hotel areas while still having room for a decent sized park with room for expansion.

Also, while a video game theme park still sounds interesting and like a logical progression from Universal Studios (a mostly movie based park) and Islands of Adventure (a mostly literature based park), I still wonder how much draw a video game theme park would have. I'm assuming there will be large focuses on series like Mario and Pokemon, and that will certainly help, but will stuff like Zelda and Warcraft have huge draw either?

I think even though it would attract a wide array of guests, if this really is what Universal is leaning towards, perhaps they should look into creating a more specialty boutique park. Limited entry and maybe reservations only like Discovery Cove and ensure the highest interactivity of any park built before. This option especially seems better for something being built in Florida. If it's somewhere in Asia, they can go the traditional route, open the gates and easily expect 10 million+ guests per year.

We have discussed this to death already. Unless Universal can get the major blvd extension project cancelled and the current major blvd removed, that entire area is worthless to them for a new park. It only has merit for a few fringe hotels.

As the Future thread has been crushed yet again by that horrible Briman guy I will post this here.

I used a google maps acreage tool today and came up with this for everyones perspective.

KZ plus AA and pink dino area: 7+ acres.
Next to MIB: 9+ acres.
KONG: 2+ acres.

Isn't that something?

As the Future thread has been crushed yet again by that horrible Briman guy I will post this here.

I used a google maps acreage tool today and came up with this for everyones perspective.

KZ plus AA and pink dino area: 7+ acres.
Next to MIB: 9+ acres.
KONG: 2+ acres.

Isn't that something?
Yeah, that's another reason I see a video game park as unlikely. There's plenty of room for multiple attractions based off all of Nintendo's biggest properties in KZ, MIB/Simpsons plot. KZ alone could have Phase 1 with Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule, and MIB could have a Phase 2 with more Mushroom Kingdom and could add Pokemon or Donkey Kong. That's plenty of room.

Here's my thought on 3rd Gate:

If you had told me they were going to tear up Amity, replace the entire area with Diagon Alley, then connect the two areas with a Hogwarts Express monorail ride, I would've told you you were nuts. (Pretty sure I actually did, way back when.)

If they want a third gate, we'll get one, somehow, some way. It won't happen for at least a decade though. At minimum. Still at least 5 years of projects in the pipeline, and as many have pointed out, it'll require chess pieces being in the right place -- not to mention all the requisite infrastructure build outs and upgrades.

If they want a third gate, we'll get one, somehow, some way. It won't happen for at least a decade though. At minimum. Still at least 5 years of projects in the pipeline, and as many have pointed out, it'll require chess pieces being in the right place -- not to mention all the requisite infrastructure build outs and upgrades.
That's true. That gives them time to fill up the rest of their current parks (replacing some of the outdated attractions at USF, big Nintendo attractions over KidZone, expanding some IOA islands, probably replacing LC and TL soon too) before they break ground on a big third gate.

What if the Nintendo land takes up the space between World Expo and Goes Behind Springfield to takeover KidZone. That would be a big land enough to cover more than enough main Nintendo attractions.

Attachments

• IMG_20150726_015509.jpg
    IMG_20150726_015509.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 27
In terms of infrastructure upgrades, they just recently finished building a brand new mini grill/office space/training facilities directly behind King's Cross station. It might not sound like much, but it goes to show that Comcast is taking concerns from every area of the park and improving on them immensely. That grill wasn't there this time last year, and it serves hundreds of TMs in the area who would otherwise be walking down to the bistro from Diagon for their breaks. A much needed improvement. Comcast is doing work!

Now Donnelly (This Is Infamous writer) is claiming they've acquired the land for this. I think it's more posturing, but I'll take a look at the Property Appraiser and Comptroller records this evening to see if anything else has popped up on land that would be likely candidates. Still haven't been able to nail down the partial lots that AFF Universal took, but I'm pretty sure they're portions of the Lockheed land, which makes that area even less desirable for expansion, IMO.

Reactions: Jon84
Status
Not open for further replies.