Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, it is basically this... but the green line of the waterpark should be moved up and into the middle of the towers and not so far down as it is. The park is even bigger than I presumed at the time. I posted this OVER a year ago and was guessing as I danced in order to bring everyone here up to speed on the then very new news. I am sure this will help.

WS_zps28594815.jpg

The working title then was WonderSea but has only since been changed to Volcano Bay.

Thanks! And they're still gonna squeeze the two towers into that space? That should be interesting.

I guess those towers will have a nice water park view... however if one books there and gets a room that doesn't overlook VB? The view is pretty ugly. Even if you have a VB view, if you look past it or to the right, you'll see Turkey Lake Rd and I4.

Not saying these won't be nice, but beyond the VB view, things are fairly pedestrian. Now if the Towers get their own entrance to VB? Then now we're talking real perks.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Ok, an updated diagram with more info (W&W) and perhaps a surprise. The pink is what I learned from the mystery wonder who also knew about F&F. The surprise is that it is underground.

VB_overview_zpssgn2ilhd.jpg

So is the entrance complex going to be on the Sapphire Falls side, and then you travel underground into the park proper? I wouldn't think they'd build a dedicated tunnel just for Sapphire Falls guests...

So is the entrance complex going to be on the Sapphire Falls side, and then you travel underground into the park proper? I wouldn't think they'd build a dedicated tunnel just for Sapphire Falls guests...

If I recall correctly, a huge bus/taxi loop is going to be built around the retention pond south of Sapphire. The underground will only be to traverse the highway, and will not be right into the park.

Again, this is not really my info to share but it is a few months old and I don't believe it's been shared before. I do have my limits of sitting on stuff, unless I know they're in the biz... :saywhat:

Two towers that approximate to the water park would be extremely attractive to guests. I know I'd want to stay there, especially when we already know the parking situation will be less-than-ideal for visitors.

Two towers that approximate to the water park would be extremely attractive to guests. I know I'd want to stay there, especially when we already know the parking situation will be less-than-ideal for visitors.
Yes, they will be great (well, CBBR in general) for easy access to the Water Park.

If I recall correctly, a huge bus/taxi loop is going to be built around the retention pond south of Sapphire. The underground will only be to traverse the highway, and will not be right into the park.

Again, this is not really my info to share but it is a few months old and I don't believe it's been shared before. I do have my limits of sitting on stuff, unless I know they're in the biz... :saywhat:

I could see them doing that, I was just on the fence about whether they would put the turnstiles over there, too, to better utilize space for the actual park. I still really have trouble believing that parking will be at the main garages, though. Especially when the garage they're building at Sapphire Falls looks much larger than I think the resort would need.

So, being a local, will I be able to just take the water taxi to Sapphire and then walk to Volcano Bay?
If the underground tunnel gets built, I don't see why not.

However, that would entail you parking in the parking garage, walking PAST the bus station all the way down to the dock and the Water Taxi's could add extra time waiting for one to come in.

Point being: you'd be better off just going and waiting for the bus, located right below the moving walkways. You'd probably be wasting a lot of time going for a taxi.

Reactions: anihilnation
I don't drive, take public bus ... which of course drops me off right where the Volcano buses would be, might be cool, since it would actually be less walking than going to studios or Islands. I just always fancy those water taxis :)

New survey came out today asking about a new park, and what you would want and expect with in it.

Last edited:
I think the third park (fourth if you include VB) will have a hub and spoke layout.

I really can't think of what they would put in it but I imagine it would be more family-focused.

Question: (Not sure where to post, didn't want to start a thread) Will we see momentum shift back to IoA in terms of new attractions soon? I know it's strange to ask with Kong opening next year, but USF has had Transformers, Minions, Diagon and will add Fallon, F&F and eventually Nintendo. There are some great attractions at IoA but it has easily become the inferior park in my opinion. Will we see a slew of attractions come to IoA after Volcano Bay and/or Nintendo?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
Could someone post the survey? I haven't received this one.

Question: (Not sure where to post, didn't want to start a thread) Will we see momentum shift back to IoA in terms of new attractions soon? I know it's strange to ask with Kong opening next year, but USF has had Transformers, Minions, Diagon and will add Fallon, F&F and eventually Nintendo. There are some great attractions at IoA but it has easily become the inferior park in my opinion. Will we see a slew of attractions come to IoA after Volcano Bay and/or Nintendo?
This survey was marked highly confidential and asked you to agree not to distribute it's specific content. Bottom line, without disclosing anything specific, is that the survey brought into focus nearly every controversy and argument that we discuss on these threads. It sure looks like Universal is listening and trying to grasp what their audience wants. Best survey I ever took.

This survey was marked highly confidential and asked you to agree not to distribute it's specific content. Bottom line, without disclosing anything specific, is that the survey brought into focus nearly every controversy and argument that we discuss on these threads. It sure looks like Universal is listening and trying to grasp what their audience wants. Best survey I ever took.

Yes, couldn't have said it better myself. It was truly a "We are listening" moment. Will be interesting to watch things progress after the results are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.