Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since parkscope found the legal documents but mentioned they are not trained in property law (I am)... I put together this quick and dirty map showing what exactly Universal just got their hands on. They (Universal Studios Water Parks Florida LLC) now own everything within the yellow borders (notice they are not all contiguous) and the blue lines and numbers refer to the separate parcel numbers you will see in the deeds.
]

Um, this is huge news. Thanks for the map, gator. It is a great time to be a fan of UO!

Monorail-type transport would do a lot to make that a non-issue. And WnW needs help definitely. We'll see what Uni does.

I wonder if they will continue their conquest of land take over further south and then tie in the two properties with a monorail. I believe that is the Lockheed land everyone is talking about that is just south of Sand Lake? I see a lot of empty space there, looks like more land than what the parks and resorts are sitting on now.

From what I understand, the $1.5 billion is covering Transformers, Springfield, Cabana Bay, Potter 2.0, Jurassic Park, and the 2016 KidZone Redo.

This 55 acres, the WnW transformation, land for the 3rd gate, the 3rd gate itself are from a new different budget.

The fact Uni bought 55 acres along I-Drive is huge. The fact that Uni has taken the first step to expand beyond it's current resorts boundaries is even HUGER!

Uni is on the move.

Reactions: Jakemeister
From what I understand, the $1.5 billion is covering Transformers, Springfield, Cabana Bay, Potter 2.0, Jurassic Park, and the 2016 KidZone Redo.

This 55 acres, the WnW transformation, land for the 3rd gate, the 3rd gate itself are from a new different budget.

The fact Uni bought 55 acres along I-Drive is huge. The fact that Uni has taken the first step to expand beyond it's current resorts boundaries is even HUGER!

Uni is on the move.

bishop to c4. Not quiet checkmate but getting close :drool:

Last edited:
"We have 2,400 hotel rooms today; we probably should have 10,000," Steve Burke, the chief executive officer of Comcast-owned NBCUniversal, told analysts at a conference last fall. "

This is interesting also, More hotels, more guests, more moeny they earned = more parks/water parks for us

It killed me when they sold all the Lockheed property before. It was basically waving a white flag at the time saying, "This is as big as we are, and as big as we're going to get". I'm very happy that Comcast has a completely different attitude towards expansion and competition. I really hope they just completely redo Wet N Wild. There are some fantastic rides there, but it's a nightmare actually going to this park. Can't wait to see a water park get the Universal Studios treatment.

It killed me when they sold all the Lockheed property before. It was basically waving a white flag at the time saying, "This is as big as we are, and as big as we're going to get". I'm very happy that Comcast has a completely different attitude towards expansion and competition. I really hope they just completely redo Wet N Wild. There are some fantastic rides there, but it's a nightmare actually going to this park. Can't wait to see a water park get the Universal Studios treatment.

I would hope for a complete redo of Wet N Wild also, they would almost have to in ordered to be taken serious as a water park, especially with the other big 3 pretty close.

Since the city is working with Universal/Comcast what are the odds they could use emminent domain to get any land between Wet and Wild and the Main park.
There is only the strip mall with georges music.walgreens,Ifly,KFC,ect between them (well I4 is there also)
That would be a good area for the rumored 3rd gate.

Last edited:
So when the cabana bay opens they will have capacity at 4200 rooms, still a long way of 10,000, but another couple of big hotels could fix easily fix that.

Random thoughts from a local:

- Some of those hotels (like the Best Western) got an early Christmas--you're suddenly about to be within walking distance of a new theme park (assuming this isn't all hotels). Congo River Golf should be ecstatic, as well, assuming they don't sell out.

- Not sure if this helps or hurts Fun Spot and their new coaster.

- This section of I-Drive has really gone downhill in the past decade. Hopefully this is the spark that sets off redevelopment. Would love to see the Sizzler and Metropolitan Express replaced by, say, a Panera and a Marriott.

- With the huge amount of construction no doubt about to begin, Universal really needs to expand I-Drive while they're at it. Current capacity will not support development of this sort.

This is all so exciting!! Universal is really stepping up !!! My inner child can only hope that this makes Disney wake up and start taking some action. This way it's a win win for us fans.

Since the city is working with Universal/Comcast what are the odds they could use emminent domain to get any land between Wet and Wild and the Main park.
There is only the strip mall with georges music.walgreens,Ifly,KFC,ect between them (well I4 is there also)
That would be a good area for the rumored 3rd gate.

It wouldn't be out of the norm for the City of Orlando, they've done some shady land deals (taking land from homeowners at unfair prices while buying similar land from shell corporations for well above market value) to get their proposed soccer stadium built, all in the name of tourism.

Status
Not open for further replies.