Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh, finally! I look forward to this space being more open. Those games were such a waste. Very rarely did I ever see somebody step up and play.

Is there any ideas on what Universal is going to do with these games? I mean what do you do with wasted space?

Easy! Foliage and more Potter theming! Now you've got me excited omg.

b30d5424d9784f5ba15d1d7.png

The yellow represents new buildings. Now we might even be able to have Madame Puddifoot's tea shop! And even another Butterbeer cart right outside of Hogsmeade!

The henna/palm readers are moving into that spot. The rest of the LC games are staying for now.

Oh. :drama:

Last edited:
Here's another look at the BTTF train and DeLorean.

[video=youtube;sIygnhPuJVU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIygnhPuJVU[/video]

Backtracking slightly to the LC Games, I'm gonna be controversial and say it's one of my favourite areas of the park. I don't understand all the hate it gets? Yes there may be some kind of annoying game hosts there, but the buildings themselves are really quite beautiful. They're designed in a great style and the mish-mash of all the little buildings, the string lights and the trees is really atmospheric IMO. I'll take the games just to leave the visual of the area in tact thanks!

Backtracking slightly to the LC Games, I'm gonna be controversial and say it's one of my favourite areas of the park. I don't understand all the hate it gets? Yes there may be some kind of annoying game hosts there, but the buildings themselves are really quite beautiful. They're designed in a great style and the mish-mash of all the little buildings, the string lights and the trees is really atmospheric IMO. I'll take the games just to leave the visual of the area in tact thanks!

the hate isn't on the buildings. its on the games. i don't think anyone here hates the theming and the architecture. we hate carnival games at a theme park.

I don't hate carnival games at a theme park. I just think they need to be well placed or appropriately themed.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I hate pretty much everything about carnival games in a theme park.

Technically you could say that the carnival games are "appropriately" themed in Animal Kingdom as they match the ideas surrounding them yet, pretty much everybody hates those. I say leave carnival games in a carnival.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. I hate pretty much everything about carnival games in a theme park.

Technically you could say that the carnival games are "appropriately" themed in Animal Kingdom as they match the ideas surrounding them yet, pretty much everybody hates those. I say leave carnival games in a carnival.

thank you. i was hoping someone would take my side. haha. the only place they are appropriately themed would be infront of the simpsons ride. but that stills bothers me. the carnival games bother me almost as much as the psychic/fortune teller in USF. at least you get something from the games.

thank you. i was hoping someone would take my side. haha. the only place they are appropriately themed would be infront of the simpsons ride. but that stills bothers me. the carnival games bother me almost as much as the psychic/fortune teller in USF. at least you get something from the games.

Right, if I wanted a carnival, I would not have paid almost $100 for a ticket. Yea, the psychic/fortune teller can go any day.

I like that stuff. I don't put money into it, but I like it and obviously other people do too, considering it is there. Chastise me, whatever, but when the carnival games are in Krustyland it's kosher. Krustyland is supposed to be kitschy and not in the Dinorama way, in the tongue in cheek way. Makes sense.

Do you guys hate Arcade Games in theme parks too? If you don't it is literally the same principle.

I like that stuff. I don't put money into it, but I like it and obviously other people do too, considering it is there. Chastise me, whatever, but when the carnival games are in Krustyland it's kosher. Krustyland is supposed to be kitschy and not in the Dinorama way, in the tongue in cheek way. Makes sense.

Do you guys hate Arcade Games in theme parks too? If you don't it is literally the same principle.

Matters nothing to me and gives people something else to do, so be it.
I played some at HHNs and HOS.

Yep, hate Arcade games too and those aren't usually themed at all.

Really though, aside from theming, I just can't stand employees yelling at me asking if I want to play the game. If I wanted to play, I would have walked over there.

Also, I think you're right when you say that carnival games fit in with Simpsons. I just don't really like them.

If anything, I actually wanted the carnival games at Simpsons for years. The "fake" midway stands bugged the hell out of me because there was no point in them since they weren't actually used.

But in a general sense, I do agree that the less carnival games in all theme parks, the better.

Im not a fan of the arcade games either. give me themed interactive entertainment/games any day.

like what was in the exit of Hannah-Barbera (yes that was for children but they can make adult & family games too). a great example is "you bet jurassic" in the discovery center (less childish and more family). they could make great games to play that waste time instead of the "throw this red ring onto a green glass bottle" game.

I wouldn't have one problem if carnival games were in front of the simpsons ride. it fits perfectly and that area could use more theming.

also i hate fairs and carnivals. which is why i love universal so much.