Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Matters nothing to me and gives people something else to do, so be it.
I played some at HHNs and HOS.

I play them at the carnival or fair, not so much Universal but I think there is a place for them, and I think there is a place inside USF and IOA for them.

I do think there are some missed opportunities though. Imagine if when you went into the Marvel arcade there was only Marvel IP's, or if there was an arcade in Port of Entry that only had IP's used in IOA.

like what was in the exit of Hannah-Barbera (yes that was for children but they can make adult & family games too). a great example is "you bet jurassic" in the discovery center (less childish and more family). they could make great games to play that waste time instead of the "throw this red ring onto a green glass bottle" game.

Another example like You Bet Jurassic is the new turtle game after Turtle Trek at SeaWorld. I would be ecstatic if parks started adding these themed video game-style games.

I liked the games in Amitty, and I love the idea of them being in Simpsons. They make sense there, they're fun, and they add a little bit of excitement to the atmosphere.

Now when they have a game where you have to launch the frog onto the Lilly pad in the WWOHP, then we've got problems. But that's never going to happen. Let people enjoy the games.

Anyone want to shove the soap in his mouth first? *spit, spit......, spit*

Well, I know you're not going to argue that cardboard cutouts are better than actual live versions of said cutouts. So that means you thought the games in Amity made no sense. Amity was a beach town, no? Beach towns have boardwalks that feature said carnival games, correct?

Were there too many? Probably. But it wasn't a bad idea.

Well, I know you're not going to argue that cardboard cutouts are better than actual live versions of said cutouts. So that means you thought the games in Amity made no sense. Amity was a beach town, no? Beach towns have boardwalks that feature said carnival games, correct?

Were there too many? Probably. But it wasn't a bad idea.

This I agree with fully. It was a little over-stocked and cramped, but the games actually made sense and fit very well in Amity, and I think they will fit very nicely near Simpsons, as well. But the LC games... I just want them gone.

Amity was a beach town, no? Beach towns have boardwalks that feature said carnival games, correct?

No true fishing town has that crap... Martha's Vineyard, Cape Porpoise, New Harbor... none of these have that, at all. They were trying to combine the Jersey Shore and Coney Island into Amity in order to justify the games. I take it you haven't been to New England...

For any park, midway games should only be in one designated area, if at all. Having games both across from the Toon Lagoon amphitheater and in Lost Continent is simply overkill, IMO.

No true fishing town has that crap... Martha's Vineyard, Cape Porpoise, New Harbor... none of these have that, at all. They were trying to combine the Jersey Shore and Coney Island into Amity in order to justify the games. I take it you haven't been to New England...

I don't care. I don't want to visit a fishing town. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what they did in Amity. A Harbor would have been boring. They added to the atmosphere, and the area still felt like a North Eastern shore town. Maybe not Martha's Vineyard, but I think it was better off that way.

I don't care. I don't want to visit a fishing town. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what they did in Amity. A Harbor would have been boring. They added to the atmosphere, and the area still felt like a North Eastern shore town. Maybe not Martha's Vineyard, but I think it was better off that way.

Then as gentlemen, let us agree to disagree. *KICK* ;o)

Thing is though in the Amity case, theme parks as a whole would be pretty boring and pointless if everything was EXACTLY as it is in real life... You'd just go to that real place. They're meant to be exaggerated.

Now the arcades, I do hate them. They're disgusting and cheap.

I could be wrong but i dont see carnival or arcade games there though.

There are worse offenses at Disney...like Ballzac being EVERYWHERE, breaking themeing. I think it makes a lot less sense to have Ballzac in Innoventions than it does to have Carnival games by Krustyland.

Amusement Pics' latest update includes a look at a bunch of work happening all over Uni. Portofino Bay's exterior is receiving a face lift, a structure in Port of Entry continues to be under refurb, part of the Treasures of Poseidon store is behind walls, and construction on the midway games at Simpsons is still underway with more steel going up.

i84iFR1OZN3mq.jpg

itkqQWKiFWMA.jpg

i6UPwkeBOv6SN.jpg

ifp1TKuW766jW.jpg

iOaVEFgqVUXIE.jpg

i1DQLkcZq6WA7.jpg