Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I had read on another site that they had started the Royal Pacific renovations a month or two ago. They had some pictures. Furniture was a lighter tone. Similar to the lighter shades when they renovated Portofino. Supposedly they were doing a tower every three months.

^ Yeah, the new RP interior decoration is HIDEOUS... giant 6' wide hibiscus flowers on the walls and carpets... even the hallway carpets. If I awoke in the middle of the night I might die in shock that I had ended up in the Little Shop of Horrors. If that Crangle is responsible for it, then she is a pompous fraud.

Reactions: natespf
I agree, The new rooms seems to be cold and bland. Not liking the color
scheme at all. Should be warm soft colors not grey and white.

The picture above isn't of the new hotel rooms. That is the Vanderbilt Hotel.

Here are the new interiors of the RP (from Scuttle on WDWMagic (stolen without the permission :wave:)):

room_zps3e41c7d1.jpg

hall_zpsc8339663.jpg

Last edited:
^ Yeah, the new RP interior decoration is HIDEOUS... giant 6' wide hibiscus flowers on the walls and carpets... even the hallway carpets. If I awoke in the middle of the night I might die in shock that I had ended up in the Little Shop of Horrors. If that Crangle is responsible for it, then she is a pompous fraud.
Yes, "hideous" is a good description of the hibiscus pattern. The room & hallway would work better without the orange. Hopefully, maybe they'll do a different pattern for each tower. I doubt it though. Take away the orange hibiscus it wouldn't be too bad....Imagine if you come back to your room after a few drinks too many. A look at the orange hibiscus in the hallway might convince you that you're seeing pink elephants for real.

Last edited:
I actually quite like the new designs, personally.

As do I. This is the first time I'm hearing about renovations at Royal Pacific and Hard Rock so I'm a little surprised they haven't made a bigger deal out of it. When they updated the Portofino last year there were press realeases and YouTube videos about it.

The RPR looks like a brand new hotel. They were definitely in need of these updates. The decor reminds me of something you'd see in Hawaii or something.

When ever you put your phone to sleep (hit iPhone top button) you get disconnected from the wifi
Yes i ran into this issue as well when i was there last weekend. Also it appears to have a system in place to limit the bandwidth depending on the site. For example sites to stream and stuff are slowed down while other sites are not. I tried loading games while in the park ( i know i was bored in line) and it would tell me it couldnt connect.. yet i would check that my wifi was on and it was so i would go to refresh facebook and it would load yet i would open the games back up and they would fail to load still took it off wifi and used my cellular and it would work so im thinking they have some kind of firewall just wanted to share my scenario

Similar experiences. It seems like I can never check in or status update facebook in the fear factor theater. Everything else seems to work fine except that.

I just showed a room picture to my GF since we're staying there for two thirds of our Sept. Universal vacation. She actually loved it, but then again she doesn't have very good tastes...LOL.....The first sofa I ever purchased for the townhouse I rented when I got out of college was a very vibrant Orange plush velvet. But back then I had pretty poor tastes in furniture.

^ I kinda like the hallway carpet, it reminds me of the lava flows of Hawaii. I think the rooms aren't even close to hitting the mark. Does not feel tropical at all and is very ugly IMO.

I really do not like the new look they're testing at RPR. I've always liked the RPR the best out of all of the on-site offerings mostly because of it's subtle, serene, Pacific design. Sure, everything could use a refurb now and again, but this is just too different, too modern, loud, color pop / explosion... ugh... Not what the RPR is about. I'm not a fan of this design, at all :down: I hope they re-think it and don't go through with it. They should try to give the resort a refresh without losing the current theming / style.

New maps are being distributed to vacation companies. Notice the new offerings in City Walk have been added as well as Cabana Bay. But the big news here has to be the official labeling and inclusion of Springfield.

UOMAP.png