Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, the line not lining up is bad, but what's with the colors? I know a lot of company's try to associate with a color...with a sound...all these neat things that the big data scientists are telling them, but to me, this sigh is so odd. universal appears to be a metallic color that is close to the color of the lines or bars almost as if it could come close to washing itself out as it blends too much into the background...and then having Orlando in blue.

I guess it stands out more than the old sign (in the daylight, not that I have seen it in person), but it just seems kind of odd to me.

I like the concept of the sign, but I don't think the execution was as good as it could've been.

Yeah... thanks, that is what I have been searching to say but couldn't think of it. It's the ends that are driving me bonkers right now... perhaps they aren't finished. The misalignment bothers me too, but I cannot imagine an art director has accepted it yet. Let's give it another week, and then scream and rip off our clothes in protest if nothing changes.

And let me add, from a design perspective, warm colors are not a great base color for central Florida... a place that is humid and in the nineties half of the year. Humans consider blue and other colors of that spectrum to be a "cool dip" visually. Most metals feels cool to the touch at room temp and are therefore cool to the eye.

Last edited:
Well I do not like the new sign, but I hated the old sign. The letters were just too small and cheap looking for what they represent. So I guess I could say I see this as an improvement :inquisitive:

It's something that all the tourist are gonna stand there and take a selfie in front of and block the path for everyone to get around. But I like it better than the last sign. It was just too small.

As soon as I saw the new sign I thought I was in Uni Hollywood! That place just has a different feel from Orlando.

That said, I'll be okay with this sign as long as its aligned properly. Since its not lined up it looks terrible.

As soon as I saw the new sign I thought I was in Uni Hollywood! That place just has a different feel from Orlando.

That said, I'll be okay with this sign as long as its aligned properly. Since its not lined up it looks terrible.

I think the new sign is great and you're right, it is reminiscent of Universal Hollywood.

Has anyone mentioned that the fortune teller shop next to the Blues Brothers stage has been converted to a candy shop? The outside looks great! The inside is small, but it adds to the charm. Neat addition!

-Andy

Very cool...seems Universal is kicking out some of the cheap-o things they used to have (fortune tellers, third party stuff, etc)

I do however think that the fortune tellers fit well in LC still