Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

Is there a video of the beetles & rocks?

At like 1:25 in you can see that the little "beetles" actually come out of the hole in the wall in additional to the screen beetles. I haven't seen in working in a couple years until Saturday - and I even rode it like 12 times a day all week and didn't see them.

P.S. This is my favorite ride :whistle::whistle: ------------- okay, mayyybe Hagrid is my new favorite...

At like 1:25 in you can see that the little "beetles" actually come out of the hole in the wall in additional to the screen beetles. I haven't seen in working in a couple years until Saturday - and I even rode it like 12 times a day all week and didn't see them.

P.S. This is my favorite ride :whistle::whistle: ------------- okay, mayyybe Hagrid is my new favorite...

Thanks, but are the beetles in the hole in the center of the screen?

I experienced the permanently-stuck broken window effect a couple times, but as of Sunday, all but the last mummy on the left in the treasure room would rise but the window was fixed. Is it just me noticing it for the first time, or have you been able to see the house lights above the beetle room for forever? It looks like such bad show to me.

I experienced the permanently-stuck broken window effect a couple times, but as of Sunday, all but the last mummy on the left in the treasure room would rise but the window was fixed. Is it just me noticing it for the first time, or have you been able to see the house lights above the beetle room for forever? It looks like such bad show to me.
I’ve noticed it too, it’s extremely annoying

I’ve noticed it too, it’s extremely annoying
How long has it been like that? Before this HHN, I hadn't done RotM in months, and I didn't pay attention then.

Also, regarding the window, I just have a little gripe that I've never heard anybody talk about but I'd like to express. Okay, so the woman in the window is supposed to represent whatever team member is working tower, right? And the dialogue is supposedly her live speech as opposed to a standard prerecorded welcome back message, as it gets cut off when the mummy gets her? Right? Okay, so why is it that she's still going through her spiel even when she's getting skeleton-ified in the silhouette??? Like I said, the only other explanation would be if the voice was meant to be a park-recorded spiel and the mummy just broke the speaker or something, but I don't know if that's the case.

I think the permanently-broken window would actually be more effective than the silhouette, in that regard. What if we heard the spiel but also could clearly see that the tower had already been ransacked and smashed up, meaning that whoever is supposed to be there is obviously no more, and the mummy was instead mimicking the attendant's voice just to psychologically mess with us?

Just saying, if the silhouette already doesn't make sense, why not go all-in about fake-out endings?

Also, regarding the window, I just have a little gripe that I've never heard anybody talk about but I'd like to express. Okay, so the woman in the window is supposed to represent whatever team member is working tower, right? And the dialogue is supposedly her live speech as opposed to a standard prerecorded welcome back message, as it gets cut off when the mummy gets her? Right? Okay, so why is it that she's still going through her spiel even when she's getting skeleton-ified in the silhouette??? Like I said, the only other explanation would be if the voice was meant to be a park-recorded spiel and the mummy just broke the speaker or something, but I don't know if that's the case.
It just shows how committed Universal's team members are, they keep doing their spiel even if they turn to dust. ;)