Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Parks & Resorts Launches National Advertising & Brand Campaign

In an effort to unify both coasts as a “different experience” – Universal Parks & Resorts rolled out a new national brand campaign. It will be the first time Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood are marketing in unison as unit.

Universal Parks & Resorts Launches National Advertising & Brand Campaign – Orlando United
Not sure how that commercial shows them as "different experiences". Most of the rides shown are on both coasts and having Hulk and Spider-Man could cause confusion for your average joe as the commercial doesn't specify that that's UOR exclusive.

Different experiences compared to Disney.
Oh yeah, well that was the pretty obvious takeaway from the commercial.

Comcast must really feel they are just a perception change away from taking another big bite out of Disney.

Comcast is definitely looking to elevate USH's standing with this. The Disney Parks commercials make Disneyland and Disney World look interchangeable.

Oh yeah, well that was the pretty obvious takeaway from the commercial.

Comcast must really feel they are just a perception change away from taking another big bite out of Disney.
Well, if they could finally get over the "only rollercoasters" mentality from the GP then they would be in a pretty great spot...They've been doing well with it

The aura and allure of staying on site at Universal. Vacation like you mean it.:thumbsup:....and now my WDW vacations are a couple of day trips to WDW while staying at a Universal resort.

I think this also makes the most sense but on paper it really shouldn't. The biggest appeal of UOR now is how close everything is. Staying at Disney is probably fine, you have a lot places to see and do but almost everything is a trek to get to compared to a 5min boat ride or a 15min walk max at Universal.

In an effort to unify both coasts as a “different experience” – Universal Parks & Resorts rolled out a new national brand campaign. It will be the first time Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood are marketing in unison as unit.

Universal Parks & Resorts Launches National Advertising & Brand Campaign – Orlando United

Here's a video showcasing both resorts from 2001:

:look:

I think this also makes the most sense but on paper it really shouldn't. The biggest appeal of UOR now is how close everything is. Staying at Disney is probably fine, you have a lot places to see and do but almost everything is a trek to get to compared to a 5min boat ride or a 15min walk max at Universal.

I think they were referring to a national, massive roll-out.

Instead of staying at Disney for 10-14 nights, and spending all that time in the parks, I've now decided to just make 2, 3 or 4 day trips up to WDW while I'm staying at Universal. When on site at WDW I have to drive a lot anyway. The advantages at Universal is that everything is so close and way more economical. I can party at Citi Walk not having to worry about drinking & driving, WDW sucks for nightlife anyway. And I can stay at a true four star resort hotel with free Express passes for about what Disney charges for their motel like moderate resorts. It's really a no brainer for me. And since most of the days are at Universal parks I get the leisurely relaxing no planning needed vacation. And the WDW day trip visits are only going to be once every couple years,whereas I'll be doing two vacations at Universal every year.

Instead of staying at Disney for 10-14 nights, and spending all that time in the parks, I've now decided to just make 2, 3 or 4 day trips up to WDW while I'm staying at Universal. When on site at WDW I have to drive a lot anyway. The advantages at Universal is that everything is so close and way more economical. I can party at Citi Walk not having to worry about drinking & driving, WDW sucks for nightlife anyway. And I can stay at a true four star resort hotel with free Express passes for about what Disney charges for their motel like moderate resorts. It's really a no brainer for me. And since most of the days are at Universal parks I get the leisurely relaxing no planning needed vacation. And the WDW day trip visits are only going to be once every couple years,whereas I'll be doing two vacations at Universal every year.

One of the most surprising things I found staying at CBBR was just how good the location is. From Universal, you're back in the real world within a couple of minutes, depending on where you're staying at Disney, it could be 10mins, 20mins depending on the time of day. Obviously Universal aren't going to advertise this as a selling point but in terms of location for a base, it was the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

One of the most surprising things I found staying at CBBR was just how good the location is. From Universal, you're back in the real world within a couple of minutes, depending on where you're staying at Disney, it could be 10mins, 20mins depending on the time of day. Obviously Universal aren't going to advertise this as a selling point but in terms of location for a base, it was the best hotel I've ever stayed at.
Told you so. :lol:...I'm glad you took our advice last year.:)..Yeah, you don't realize how good a Universal vacation can be unless you actually stay on site. And, hard to believe, but it's even better if you can afford RP, Portofino, or Hard Rock and then you get the Express passes & water taxis. It doesn't get any better. :)....and the Cabana Bay value is fantastic. You get rooms at a resort that's a notch above Disney moderates for about 60% of the Disney price.

Told you so. :lol:...I'm glad you took our advice last year.:)..Yeah, you don't realize how good a Universal vacation can be unless you actually stay on site. And, hard to believe, but it's even better if you can afford RP, Portofino, or Hard Rock and then you get the Express passes & water taxis. It doesn't get any better. :)....and the Cabana Bay value is fantastic. You get rooms at a resort that's a notch above Disney moderates for about 60% of the Disney price.

Honestly, I'm glad I paid attention as it certainly felt like a much better experience overall. :thumbsup:

The only thing that really puts me off the higher end hotels at Universal is the parking charge, if I was staying for a few days, I could see the value, especially with the express pass. Weirdly, when I was looking at vacations earlier this year, a lot of the flights to LA had a layover in Florida and I was giving serious consideration to staying at one of these hotels as I think it would be the only way to spend a few days at Universal.

I think now that I've seen the light, I can't see me staying any where else. Sure it's going to cost a bit more but when you only have 2 weeks to cram in as much as possible, saving an hour here and there pays for itself plus it's just a nice place to stay.

Honestly, I'm glad I paid attention as it certainly felt like a much better experience overall. :thumbsup:

The only thing that really puts me off the higher end hotels at Universal is the parking charge, if I was staying for a few days, I could see the value, especially with the express pass. Weirdly, when I was looking at vacations earlier this year, a lot of the flights to LA had a layover in Florida and I was giving serious consideration to staying at one of these hotels as I think it would be the only way to spend a few days at Universal.

I think now that I've seen the light, I can't see me staying any where else. Sure it's going to cost a bit more but when you only have 2 weeks to cram in as much as possible, saving an hour here and there pays for itself plus it's just a nice place to stay.
I just look at the parking charge as part of the rate structure. Instead of built into it, it's separated. So when I pay $220 (Stay more rate or AP rate) a night plus $20 parking for Portofino, I look at it as $240 versus the $500 to $900 a night for Grand Floridian. Plus free express. And free room upgrades for Loews membership, NO Comparison. Easy choice. :)

I just look at the parking charge as part of the rate structure. Instead of built into it, it's separated. So when I pay $220 (Stay more rate or AP rate) a night plus $20 parking for Portofino, I look at it as $240 versus the $500 to $900 a night for Grand Floridian. Plus free express. And free room upgrades for Loews membership, NO Comparison. Easy choice. :)

It's just me being a tight Scot. :lol:

New advert for IOA on social media today ends with "#1 theme park in the world" claim - I wonder who's measuring? :lol: