Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Parks & Resorts Launches National Advertising & Brand Campaign

New advert for IOA on social media today ends with "#1 theme park in the world" claim - I wonder who's measuring? :lol:

Well, USJ has surpassed TDL and TDS in attendance a quite few times last year....so i guess maybe its true. Its misleading as its not the parks on the screen but still true for Universal Parks in general.

Well, USJ has surpassed TDL and TDS in attendance a quite few times last year....so i guess maybe its true. Its misleading as its not the parks on the screen but still true for Universal Parks in general.

It's clearly a claim made in reference to IOA specifically, not UP&R as a whole. I mean, it's funny, and everyone does this dubious claim stuff, but still it's meant to suggest IOA.

Although having watched again, given the TripAdvisor logo, perhaps IOA has the highest rating on TripAdvisor of any park globally? Anyone have any data on that?

It's clearly a claim made in reference to IOA specifically, not UP&R as a whole. I mean, it's funny, and everyone does this dubious claim stuff, but still it's meant to suggest IOA.

Although having watched again, given the TripAdvisor logo, perhaps IOA has the highest rating on TripAdvisor of any park globally? Anyone have any data on that?
There as something making the press news headlines on that a couple of months ago, ie. IOA voted number one park. Can't recall who, but maybe it was Trip Advisor.

It's based on guest reviews. If more people review IoA better than DL then that's the way it comes out.

Discovery Cove has often beat everyone else, and I think few people would even put it in the same class as DL or IoA or most theme parks.

Let's be honest. That list is a total joke. They put USH in front of Disneyland. wut...

Disneyland is an amazing park with some of the best rides in the world. There is no denying its legacy and impact and it is basically Mecca for any theme park fan...but it has extremely long lines, is SUPER cramped, and many Cast Members are simply not as helpful or enjoyable as the ones here in Orlando.

USH is a smaller park with much less crowds, nicer workers, and really solid and exciting rides. And Harry Potter. It's easy to see why the common review writing visitor would favor USH.

USH is a smaller park with much less crowds, nicer workers, and really solid and exciting rides. And Harry Potter. It's easy to see why the common review writing visitor would favor USH.

Have you been the last year? They've been trying to squeeze 40,000 guests into a 35 acre park since Potter opened. That's not pretty. USH is my home park, and I even think that's wrong.

Plus I find it funny they didn't include any of the Japan parks (which have higher attendance than most of the US parks, but include tiny parks from Europe? Personally, i'd pick USJ or TDS over IOA any day of the week. My personal opinion.

It's based on guest reviews. If more people review IoA better than DL then that's the way it comes out.

Discovery Cove has often beat everyone else, and I think few people would even put it in the same class as DL or IoA or most theme parks.
This is it exactly. I've seen it on billboards in Orlando...and it is the highest rated park by people on TripAdvisor.

Of the parks I've been to, it currently ranks #2 behind only Disneyland for me.

I view the TripAdvisor list of best theme parks like I do with the TEA. It's interesting to see the lists, but they're also a joke.

Nowadays they have some ammunition behind the shade...Back in 2006 these kinds of commercials were looked at as cheap..