Universal Ride Reservation System | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Ride Reservation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

bobwadd

V.I.P. Member
Feb 20, 2010
You never know
Universal News

Team Members Invited to Test New Universal Ride Reservation System

The upcoming Universal Ride Reservation System will provide guests with an interactive pager to make reservations, one at a time, for Express-accessible attractions throughout their day. We are currently testing this new offering for guests, and are inviting Team Members to preview the product at Islands of Adventure on Wednesday and Thursday, May 2 & 3. Team Members and their guests must enter through the IOA turnstiles and head to the Consumer Insights office (next to Port Provisions near the park exit) to present a valid UO Team Member ID. All members of your party must be present to activate the Universal Ride Reservation System pager. Team Members must remain with their guests during the preview window and
must return the pagers to the pick-up location by the preview end time.

Please note: limited opportunities are available and will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.

Thought we already had this covered with the other thread? :inquisitive:

Oh well. Here's how it appears in the Universal News newsletter.

iQbetcnt22tcb.jpg

Wow good to see Universal is going to try out the Qbot system...Seems similar to what they have at 6 flags, dollywood and other parks....Can't wait to see the fee on this one. I even bet it has different levels like they offer at 6 flags.

Wow good to see Universal is going to try out the Qbot system...Seems similar to what they have at 6 flags, dollywood and other parks....Can't wait to see the fee on this one. I even bet it has different levels like they offer at 6 flags.

Really, I see this as creating a Huge Mess for people and if they imply this same policy for the hotels then they will see the occupancy drop drastically. It great to see Universal stoop so low with Six Flags. What are they thinking. They must of got a sweet heart deal to go with Lo-Q as the current Express pass really does not cost that much expect for the scanner to scan the hotel card and pass. I hate this!!!!!

Last edited:
I highly doubt this will be implemented for hotel guests. This is probably just an update to the same express service that off-site guests receive if they want to pay the upcharge for it.

From "Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast"

Universal Orlando Roll Out Q-Bot at Islands of Adventure

Q-Bot.jpg

We have known for a while that Universal have been testing the Q-Bot virtual queuing system at the parks, but it appears, as of yesterday, they have started running it officially in Islands of Adventure.

Now, anybody that doesn’t know about Q-Bot, it is currently being used in th Legoland park in the U.k and here is what it says on their website:

A Q-Bot allows you to reserve a place in a virtual queue line for your favourite rides without having to actually stand in line!

■Rent your Q-Bot.
■Select your ride using the Q-Bot buttons.
■Receive your ride time on the Q-Bot screen.
■Explore the Park, visit our shops and restaurants or, if you have time, ride a different ride.
■Go to your chosen ride on or after your allocated time.
■Enter via the Q-Bot entrance.
■Enjoy the ride!
■Repeat this simple process for your next ride.
The Q-Bot allows you to reserve one ride at a time.

So, it’s kind of like Disney’s fastpass, you book your time to ride using the Q-Bot, you will then get a message when it is your time to ride. You go to the attraction, where a team member validates your reservation on their own Q-Bot and you enter the ride through the Express Pass line.

We rang Universal and they told us that there is a $30 deposit to be paid on collection of the device and the device is good for up to 6 people but is priced per person and can be bought for as little as $21 per person. There are two different options, a limited and an unlimited reservation device, the limited option allows you to reserve each ride once, the unlimited option allows you to reserve times for the rides multiple times, either way only one ride can be reserved at a time.

It seems at the moment that this is not a replacement for Express Pass or the Front of the Line access granted to Hotel Guests, but will run alongside both.

Also see "OrlandoInformer.com's Facebook Wall Photos page" for pictures of device and instruction leaflet.

Last edited:
So now there's Universal one-time Express, VIP Express, Hotel Key Cards, Qbot, and Unlimited Qbot.. It seems a bit much. There has to be something being phased out.

49.99 unlimited per person on extremely busy days.
42.99 one time per person on extremely busy days.

Lately it has been:
39.99 unlimited
32.99 one time

Is it really $49.99 for peak days? Because I was looking into the regular express passes for days this summer, and it looked like a lot of days were $69.99. That may have been the 2-park, but still I think the one park was only $10 less.

Right now I have the preferred annual pass, on a grandfathered in $16/month deal that never goes up. Is it really worth it to upgrade to the premier pass for the after 4pm express pass?

Is it really $49.99 for peak days? Because I was looking into the regular express passes for days this summer, and it looked like a lot of days were $69.99. That may have been the 2-park, but still I think the one park was only $10 less.

Right now I have the preferred annual pass, on a grandfathered in $16/month deal that never goes up. Is it really worth it to upgrade to the premier pass for the after 4pm express pass?

It depends when you go. If you just go in the mornings, you should stick with the Preferred. However, if you like to go in the afternoon, get the Premier.

The 4pm Express is really worth it, if you go to concerts! So yea, it really just depends how long you are going to stay in the park or what times you go to the park.

It depends when you go. If you just go in the mornings, you should stick with the Preferred. However, if you like to go in the afternoon, get the Premier.

The 4pm Express is really worth it, if you go to concerts! So yea, it really just depends how long you are going to stay in the park or what times you go to the park.

Sigh, ok maybe I will. Right now I'm already paying on a premium annual for Disney, and not sure that one is going to end up being worth it (although the 20% discount is nice), but the Universal premier might be more worth it.

Well would you look at this? Someone is carrying Qbots!

IMG_8095.jpg

These are in full swing now at Universal Studios. All the attractions with Express are utilizing them. Pretty sure Rockit isn't using them however...

Yeah, just found out those training classes were not actually for Rockit, just a notice and schedule that got sent to every attraction, and some managers and leads thought it might be coming. There has been a lot more noise recently about Rockit getting Express, though. Its going to happen, the question is when.