Universal Ride Reservation System | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Ride Reservation System

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Ride Reservation System is going down between December 27-30.

From UO Team Newsletter:

iRaS6XxBL9eJ3.png

Last edited:
I have a hard time believing they're taking it away simply because of crowds. I hardly ever see these things in the park. They may be doing some refinements with the system and using crowds as an excuse. No idea though.

I would think that the crowds might effect the times to reserve a ride and therefore make it a customer service nightmare.
We did it at Dollywood and as the day went on, and the crowds got bigger, the reservation times got further away...

I would think that the crowds might effect the times to reserve a ride and therefore make it a customer service nightmare.
We did it at Dollywood and as the day went on, and the crowds got bigger, the reservation times got further away...

This. Dec 27-30 will have 3 hour waits for some attractions (they've already set up the extended queue for Shrek - if that's expected to be over an hour wait then you know the good attractions will be slammed) and since Universal's form of Lo-Q doesn't shorten the wait time any guests would only be able to use it on maybe 4-6 attractions all day. They wouldn't feel as if they'd gotten their moneys worth and would actually be paying peak pricing for less use of the thing so it's not being sold.

Personally, I see no need for the Q-bots and just don't get the point of having them really. I hardly ever see anyone using them either, but I guess to each their own though.

There upping the amount of express passes dispensed each day, gonna make a gang of money on it too. That's what I would do... :look:

I'd look for this system to replace Express completely within the next 3-5 years (maybe sooner, but I feel Express will go out pretty slowly). They can do different levels of access with this system, and they can monitor crowd flow much better than with Express.

I'd look for this system to replace Express completely within the next 3-5 years (maybe sooner, but I feel Express will go out pretty slowly). They can do different levels of access with this system, and they can monitor crowd flow much better than with Express.

I'm with you on this. I imagine by the time Potter opens you will see much more of this as well the expansion of express options to include the FJ and HRRR.