Universal ScreenPlay | Inside Universal Forums

Universal ScreenPlay

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ReelJustice

V.I.P. Member
Aug 6, 2008
Universal City
New App Coming: Universal ScreenPlay

Universal has replaced the "100 Years of Movie Memories" posters on construction walls with attraction concept art. On each new poster, there is a logo on the bottom right corner that says "Universal ScreenPlay."

Any idea what this or what is coming?

Pictures were taken by OU member CaptainJack today.

The logo:

BEtbl8_CYAEV0i5.jpg

Jaws:

BEs0-l7CAAICvaY.jpg

Back to the Future:

BEs1RyDCEAA1wiK.jpg

Transformers The Ride:

BEtcH24CMAAYiON.jpg

Credit for the photos goes to @jtamagni1976

Last edited:
Reactions: Cwoolboy
Found it on the US Trademark search:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4005:403qdu.2.1

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer application software for mobile phones and wireless devices, namely, interactive software for searching, compiling and organizing information related to amusement park attractions and entertainment information; shortcut software application for mobile, wireless, portable and handheld electronic devices related to amusement park attractions and entertainment information

Was filed February 21, 2013

It could be Universal's answer to Disney's mobile app, but that's boring.

I think, with clues, it's a history of Universal parks, movie tie in, and FourSquare esque app for Universal parks. Or I hope so.

Sounds like it could be some sort of interactive game? :shrug:

Nay. Its the upcoming way for you to be able to see the trailer for that movie and more information on it. It was supposed to be rolled out a while back, but got delayed.

Sick posters! :happy: Since people are speculating that a new Universal Orlando app is coming, maybe this will play a role in that. Or maybe this is app where you scan a bar code and something amazing happens on your phone. Maybe they are making their version of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.......

Makes you wonder. :drool:

Sick posters! :happy: Since people are speculating that a new Universal Orlando app is coming, maybe this will play a role in that. Or maybe this is app where you scan a bar code and something amazing happens on your phone. Maybe they are making their version of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom.......

Makes you wonder. :drool:

Well there will be a Magiquest in WWOHP 2...

Nay. Its the upcoming way for you to be able to see the trailer for that movie and more information on it. It was supposed to be rolled out a while back, but got delayed.

It's for attractions/theme park purposes, not movies.

computer application software for mobile phones and wireless devices, namely, interactive software for searching, compiling and organizing information related to amusement park attractions and entertainment information; shortcut software application for mobile, wireless, portable and handheld electronic devices related to amusement park attractions and entertainment information

Well, the trademark description should at least point you in the correct direction.

Yea, it's clearly going to be theme park related. If it was for Universal movies, there wouldn't be a Transformers the Ride 3-D poster with it on it.

The trademark also mentions wireless devices, more proof wireless is on its way to the parks.

I sure hope there isn't. It's super gimmicky and would take away from the land.

I have to agree. Plus, I doubt Universal wants to have anything that makes people stay longer in the WWoHPs. That would create a bigger cluster*bleep* in those specific sections of the parks. They most likely want people to experience them, spend, and move on... then have another bunch of guests come in, experience, spend, and keep it moving along.

Well we haven't heard anything about "Potterquest" in a while, because they first need to get in-park WiFi for the guests. I guess their still testing.

Speaking of WiFi, maybe Universal ScreenPlay has to do with the in-park WiFi. Maybe its almost ready! :look: Who knows. We'll see when Uni says something.