Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 51 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love HTTYD so the more the merrier! (Also for those looking to know the IP before it reaches parks and haven’t watched the films yet, HTTYD 1 finally became free on Xfinity yesterday! :) )

Also, correct me if i’m wrong, but i think LCA the first case of a Uni Singapore show going to another park, which is pretty interesting. Everything in this park from other parks is seemingly a “best of” with some of their most popular attractions. I wonder if this is consistent with LCA in singapore? i didn’t really know about the show before learning of it for UniBeijing

Hmmmmmmmmmm :look:
Uggh, me good at maths.

I wonder if Beijing will get a clone of the ultra cool night time parade from Osaka?

photo_hp05.jpg

Last edited:
I love HTTYD so the more the merrier! (Also for those looking to know the IP before it reaches parks and haven’t watched the films yet, HTTYD 1 finally became free on Xfinity yesterday! :) )

Also, correct me if i’m wrong, but i think LCA the first case of a Uni Singapore show going to another park, which is pretty interesting. Everything in this park from other parks is seemingly a “best of” with some of their most popular attractions. I wonder if this is consistent with LCA in singapore? i didn’t really know about the show before learning of it for UniBeijing
Of course its free now, cause I paid for it months ago :thud:

Excited we may see this sooner than later thought. ALSO OMG THAT PARADE. Imainge Nintendo being involved in it? Pure, bliss.

Of course its free now, cause I paid for it months ago :thud:

Excited we may see this sooner than later thought. ALSO OMG THAT PARADE. Imainge Nintendo being involved in it? Pure, bliss.
HTTYD 2 is also free but i feel your pain :) never bought httyd 1 myself bc i saw it years ago but always checked when wanting to watch something animated

I realllly want that parade in orlando.

HTTYD 2 is also free but i feel your pain :) never bought httyd 1 myself bc i saw it years ago but always checked when wanting to watch something animated

I was late to the HTTYD party. Felt a tad older for it when it came out and just never got to it. Hearing all the glowing reviews of the films on here made me go for it and my man I was shocked at how much I LOVED it. Not just liked or loved it, easily one of my favorite animated films of all time. My mother who doesn't watch anything animated watched it and cried as well. As a kid who grew up with a dog as his best buddy, Hiccup and Toothless's relationship felt sooo relatable.

That parade would be great for all universal Studios parks. Should go to Beijing and could be done at the front of the park I think. The lagoon makes a pathway a tad more difficult id think. But, this at USF? Should 100% happen. Watching that before the nighttime lagoon show would provide a lot of reasons for people to stay in the park late, and its the park that has King's Cross so having a Hogwarts Express train rolling thru isn't that out of the question.

I am kinda surprised JK allowed her stuff for a general parade type thing though outside of Hogsmeade itself.

Another small update from themeparx

What stood out to me is the below, not that the theatre in the Hollywood section is going to be the Chinese theatre. Of course this is old artwork though as it still has F&F Supercrap in the background.
View attachment 11956
For a moment, I thought I was looking at London and Diagon Alley. I wonder what it would be like if Beijing opened with London instead of Hogsmeade.

Reactions: Jamesh22
For a moment, I thought I was looking at London and Diagon Alley. I wonder what it would be like if Beijing opened with London instead of Hogsmeade.

Interesting point. Especially as the Chinese love all things British, and Diagon was on the original Beijing concept art (althought so was every attraction Universal have ever built!)

If Diagon ever does come to Beijing I actually think it will end up being enclosed in a massive show building due to the weather.

Being one of those few people in the USA that have a 3-D TV, I got all 3 films from overseas. I have to say these look gorgeous in 3D and probably the best animated. The flying sequences alone make me glad I paid the extra.

Follow up... All I can find out about the theater in Hollywood is it was designed as "Multi-Use". It seems like it could be pretty big though.

As far as HTTYD, in all the press footage they seem to be flying around during the fireworks show... so, just like we have in Orlando now, they could just be part of the nighttime show for all we know.

Also, is it assumed, or announced at all, that there will be a parade for this park? Because from what I have heard there will be infrastructure for one. Doesn't mean it will open with it, but it could have one theoretically, it seems.

Follow up... All I can find out about the theater in Hollywood is it was designed as "Multi-Use". It seems like it could be pretty big though.

As far as HTTYD, in all the press footage they seem to be flying around during the fireworks show... so, just like we have in Orlando now, they could just be part of the nighttime show for all we know.

Also, is it assumed, or announced at all, that there will be a parade for this park? Because from what I have heard there will be infrastructure for one. Doesn't mean it will open with it, but it could have one theoretically, it seems.
Multi Use? you think it could serve a similar purpose as the globe theater did in hollywood?

Multi Use? you think it could serve a similar purpose as the globe theater did in hollywood?
Either that or they hadn't yet decided on a show, but could be working on one now to be ready in time.

Still very well could be a HTTYD thing... which, again, would be easy on them. Design once, build twice.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Do we know when this is anticipated to open in 2021? It seems from construction updates the park is coming along rather quickly and it’s currently April. I have never followed a park opening from ground up so idk how difficult it is to open a park but, lots of this are clones so I can’t imagine they’ll be too behind.