Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open) | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Beijing (Now Open)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Would you know what in particular wasn't working? I understand it's a complex, and probably expensive, concept within itself.
I believe part of the issue was it wasn’t going to be the best vehicle to tell the story.

Besides a lower throughput, there would’ve been less scenes, I think by half, even with a similar track layout.

Because you could’ve seen out a much wider view, show scenes were twice as large, with scenery on both sides of the ride vehicle. With the SpiderMan vehicle, they’re able to direct your attention towards the action, just like Disney’s omnimover does.

So, we wouldn’t have gotten the chasing I-Rex. We might not have gotten the smaller moments like the ankylosaurus.

And the system was going to have ride vehicles that we’re shaped like Gyrospheres, but we’re suspended from a track above, so I wonder if sightlines for track supports above getting in view of looking at tall dinos make it essentially unworkable in reality.

I believe part of the issue was it wasn’t going to be the best vehicle to tell the story.

Besides a lower throughput, there would’ve been less scenes, I think by half, even with a similar track layout.

Because you could’ve seen out a much wider view, show scenes were twice as large, with scenery on both sides of the ride vehicle. With the SpiderMan vehicle, they’re able to direct your attention towards the action, just like Disney’s omnimover does.

So, we wouldn’t have gotten the chasing I-Rex. We might not have gotten the smaller moments like the ankylosaurus.

And the system was going to have ride vehicles that we’re shaped like Gyrospheres, but we’re suspended from a track above, so I wonder if sightlines for track supports above getting in view of looking at tall dinos make it essentially unworkable in reality.
In my head it's something similar to ET just in a hamster bowl...It seems claustrophobic and kind of silly tbh

the SCOOP just hits all the right notes

Oh. Never would have thought of that as a solution.

Reactions: WAJAS
Oh. Never would have thought of that as a solution.
Imagine four wires holding a hamster ball, one for each corner, each can pull up or let out slack down, so four wires that can create pitch and yaw type movements, like a marionette puppeteer, while moving along a track on the ceiling.

Imagine four wires holding a hamster ball, one for each corner, each can pull up or let out slack down, so four wires that can create pitch and yaw type movements, like a marionette puppeteer, while moving along a track on the ceiling.
So the Kongfrontation 2.0/Iron Legion idea? lol

That’s funny, considering the whole “gyro” part of the gyrosphere means the actual seats aren’t supposed pitch and yaw. But, :shrug:

Reactions: Disneyhead
So the Kongfrontation 2.0/Iron Legion idea? lol

That’s funny, considering the whole “gyro” part of the gyrosphere means the actual seats aren’t supposed pitch and yaw. But, :shrug:
Maybe if being attacked?

And yes. The patented iron legion wire apparatus exactly.

I have to say, the Jurassic World ride looks incredible. The Indo chase makes it for me. The chase portion of Dinosaur at AK still activates my lizard brain and causes a momentary panic so I can't imagine how cool/scary this chase would be. Also the way newer attractions have been creating safe ways to have show elements enter and exit the ride path is very exciting. It makes me particularly excited for the Universals Monsters Ride.

I have to say, the Jurassic World ride looks incredible. The Indo chase makes it for me. The chase portion of Dinosaur at AK still activates my lizard brain and causes a momentary panic so I can't imagine how cool/scary this chase would be. Also the way newer attractions have been creating safe ways to have show elements enter and exit the ride path is very exciting. It makes me particularly excited for the Universals Monsters Ride.
As far as I'm concerned, this is the Jeep Tours we always wanted

I believe when photos leaked during construction; the Indominus AA is on a separate track that moves alongside the ride vehicle at that specific moment in time. I could be wrong, but that's what I think is the case.

Just a guess from looking at the video, but...

It appears that the dinosaur is on a circular track, similar to the dome scenes on FJ, that rotate the dino into position behind each vehicle as it moves through? If it does break down, the vehicle rolls through the scene without it, with maybe alternative audio to fill in the gap otherwise?

Everyone’s hyping over the Indo animatronic chasing the ride vehicle and the battle at the end, rightfully, and I’m over here just loving the little detail of the Ankylosaurus’ tail thumping the vehicle away.
It looked similar to the Whomping Willow scene in Forbidden Journey (I don't say that as a bad thing). It looks like you get much closer to this than the tree.

Just a guess from looking at the video, but...

It appears that the dinosaur is on a circular track, similar to the dome scenes on FJ, that rotate the dino into position behind each vehicle as it moves through? If it does break down, the vehicle rolls through the scene without it, with maybe alternative audio to fill in the gap otherwise?

It looked similar to the Whomping Willow scene in Forbidden Journey (I don't say that as a bad thing). It looks like you get much closer to this than the tree.
A good B mode could be like the original chase scene in Countdown to Extinction. The RV shakes to the sound of the dinosaur chasing behind you while the lights are almost completely off.

Last edited:
I always imagined IF they did use a gyrosphere for the rides vehicle, it would be just the blue frame and seats inside it without having the glass sphere for the outer parts of it
Cause many people would get claustrophobic and add a stall in the middle of the ride for technical issues and people freak out
But I wouldn't have mind the blue frame of the gyrosphere, that'd still be neat..
The ride looks fantastic though! Can't wait to see the other JW rides for this park.

Can't wait to see the other JW rides for this park.

Speaking of which, do we know yet if the Flyers ride has any animatronics/static figures in regards to, say, a few perched Pteranodons along the track route or in the queue? I’ve been assuming all along that there aren’t, similar to the version in IoA, but I’m welcome to being surprised!

Speaking of which, do we know yet if the Flyers ride has any animatronics/static figures in regards to, say, a few perched Pteranodons along the track route or in the queue? I’ve been assuming all along that there aren’t, similar to the version in IoA, but I’m welcome to being surprised!
I feel like they will be identical static figures to Velocicoaster.

Beijing looks amazing so far even though a lot of park is clones. I believe our JRA at Orlando should get the Hollywood treatment. The new ride is cool and all but I feel like they should create a something exclusive for EU to showcase it here.