Universal Studios Experience DLC Comes to Minecraft | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Experience DLC Comes to Minecraft

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Okay, this experience is absolutely amazing. It's an amalgamation of attractions from USH and UOR, both current and former. These are very detailed recreations that even feature pre-shows.

The ride line-up includes:
Skull Island: Reign of Kong (IOA)
Jurassic World The Ride (USH)
Jaws (USF)
Back to The Future: The Ride
Earthquake (USF)
E.T. Adventure
Revenge of The Mummy (USF)
The Studio Tour (USH)

I haven't explored the map fully but there's a recreation of the former Universal Monsters Cafe at USF and an explorable Hill Valley area from BTTF.

Hey, even if it's just a Minecraft in-game partnership, that's still very cool to me. Hopefully we see some movement in the parks as well, but if we don't it's not the end of the world.

Reactions: mccgavin
Okay, this experience is absolutely amazing. It's an amalgamation of attractions from USH and UOR, both current and former. These are very detailed recreations that even feature pre-shows.

The ride line-up includes:
Skull Island: Reign of Kong (IOA)
Jurassic World The Ride (USH)
Jaws (USF)
Back to The Future: The Ride
Earthquake (USF)
E.T. Adventure
Revenge of The Mummy (USF)
The Studio Tour (USH)

I haven't explored the map fully but there's a recreation of the former Universal Monsters Cafe at USF and an explorable Hill Valley area from BTTF.

If this park was real it would literally be Universal’s best ever IMO.

Universal PLEASE build out USF to feel more like this! Minus JP and Kong of course.

Remember, just because this is "only" a Minecraft DLC, it does multiple things. It exposes a ton of people to the parks while also beginning a working relationship with Mojang/Microsoft to where maybe one day down the line, this DLC partnership could lead to something actually coming to the park. I highly emphasize maybe here and to keep expectations realistic, but trying to point out where it could theoretically lead in terms of parks down the line.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nico
This is unironically one of the best digital pieces of content Universal Destinations has released. You can easily tell the amount of love and polish that leads to this partnership with Everblossom; in ways that aren't inherently noticable unless your a legitimate Universal fan.

The fact that freaking Rockslide and Burning House got full on mentions and pixel art; alongside the original Glamour Trams, shows just how much they are valuing just the nostalgia of the USH Studio Tour's history. And that is excellent in so many ways. The best part is though--you don't need to be a superfan to understand the passion and variety this gives.

It's such a well done job that I don't have much in criticism here outside that it is unfinished; but that is an intentional choice for return of interest. Well, that, and the fact Illumination is shockingly omitted. You would think DMMM or Pets would be included (same goes to WW).

This is unironically one of the best digital pieces of content Universal Destinations has released. You can easily tell the amount of love and polish that leads to this partnership with Everblossom; in ways that aren't inherently noticable unless your a legitimate Universal fan.

The fact that freaking Rockslide and Burning House got full on mentions and pixel art; alongside the original Glamour Trams, shows just how much they are valuing just the nostalgia of the USH Studio Tour's history. And that is excellent in so many ways. The best part is though--you don't need to be a superfan to understand the passion and variety this gives.

It's such a well done job that I don't have much in criticism here outside that it is unfinished; but that is an intentional choice for return of interest. Well, that, and the fact Illumination is shockingly omitted. You would think DMMM or Pets would be included (same goes to WW).
I just finished experiencing all the attractions, and I am in absolute agreement. This is not a standard cross-promotional effort. The team that made this must have a very deep appreciation of the parks and their history.

Beyond the Shrek expansion that is being teased, I hope that they continue to build off what they have here. There's a lot of potential stuff they could add. It's not likely at all, but it would be amazing to see this team recreate The Lost Continent from IOA in its prime.

This is a fantastic way to introduce a younger generation to classic Universal! It'll build up a base and when the Universal Kids Resort opens it'll have a bigger fan base ready see it before they "grow into" the larger parks. This is a really good way to create future audiences and guests.

It does look like they purposefully leaned heavily on the older classic IPs in which case something like Pets or DMMM wouldn't be there. I could see it as a way for parents connecting with their kids through this similar to how people do it now with old movies and games. We can now do the same thing for theme parks since we're old…er.

They could also be saving that for a second park or expansion (if they build it) which could contain more recent IPs.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Beyond the Shrek expansion that is being teased, I hope that they continue to build off what they have here. There's a lot of potential stuff they could add. It's not likely at all, but it would be amazing to see this team recreate The Lost Continent from IOA in its prime.
Outside of Illumination and WaterWorld, which I argue for the latter should’ve been here due to the importance of what that show embodies; I genuinely agree.

Seeing stuff from Lost Continent, or IP such as Kung Fu Panda, Dragons, or Fast and Furious added in alongside the two I also mentioned feel ripe to go further in. While I doubt they’d be third party like Potter would be viable; doing a second gate “DLC” would be a hell of a way to go further into modern library.

Hell it could even allow it to act as a buildup for Epic Universe in a way; using Dragons and DU to build up their reputation further.

Reactions: TylerG and mccgavin

I was also surprised at Illumination missing, but Minion DLC probably comes over the summer to coincide with Despicable Me 4. If they can get people to pay extra for anything, it's Minions.