Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It? | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
  • E.T. Adventure is operating only one load station 60-90 minutes prior to park close, so if your planning on riding it before Cinesational, be cautious.
Yeah that's not true, I think you just caught it on an off day, just got off the ride and they were running both sides with an empty queue

Yeah that's not true, I think you just caught it on an off day, just got off the ride and they were running both sides with an empty queue
I've seen it happen multiple times on my visits. I'm hoping it's just my luck, but for the past year that's been the operating procedure at park close.

I've seen it happen multiple times on my visits. I'm hoping it's just my luck, but for the past year that's been the operating procedure at park close.
Over the years that I've rode ET, and we don't go during the busy times, it's probably been only one load side as often as both sides. Generally, early in the day, a time when we often ride it, has been only one load side. So, I don't think the one side load is just a recent thing.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
We obviously know Universal is working on projects for USF, but I'm hoping a lot of them start getting greenlit sooner than later. Not expecting anything major within 2 years, but Disney will slowly start to respond in 2027 with DAK project.
Does the rumored F&F coaster count as major? Or do you mean more Pokemon scale?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
That certainly counts and hope it's completed by 2026 (doable). But, looking at Disney's slate for 2027+, a F&F coaster is easily overlapped (no pun intended) by a massive DAK expansion.
I think EU easily overlaps ALL of the D23 announcements though - not even including F&F, Pokemon, Zelda, etc.

I'd be willing to be that we see Pokemon in USF before we see Villains Land.

Reactions: mccgavin
I think EU easily overlaps ALL of the D23 announcements though - not even including F&F, Pokemon, Zelda, etc.

Epic is a 2025 project, but after that Disney is capturing back all of the attention. Epic Universe's "newness" will wear off under 2 years, so if they want to keep momentum high they need additional investment (which thankfully there are rumors of).

Definitely getting Pokemon prior to Villains Land... but Villains is a far more ambitious project it seems with the scale depicted (2 E-tickets in the land versus 1 rumored attraction at Pokemon).

I'm really hoping Universal is being ambitious, and not simply reskinning existing facilities in Springfield for Pokemon or Lost Continent.

Epic is a 2025 project, but after that Disney is capturing back all of the attention. Epic Universe's "newness" will wear off under 2 years, so if they want to keep momentum high they need additional investment (which thankfully there are rumors of).

Definitely getting Pokemon prior to Villains Land... but Villains is a far more ambitious project it seems with the scale depicted (2 E-tickets in the land versus 1 rumored attraction at Pokemon).

I'm really hoping Universal is being ambitious, and not simply reskinning existing facilities in Springfield for Pokemon or Lost Continent.
I would be curious to compare a fully expanded Dark Universe to Villains when they are both fully realized. Also we need to keep tabs on FFL + MIB as the next huge area of potential development post Pokemon.

Reactions: TheUniC6
I don't think we've seen Universal reach their full potential with their last number of additions, especially within USF. Villain-Con, Fallon, Dreamworks, F&F. These all fall on very different spots on the range of bad to mid to acceptable; but I think more importantly, none of them are really additions that go above and beyond in the way that Disney World is currently planning their additions. I think Bourne is really the only big change to USF that I feel reaches it's full potential, and even that is somewhat limited by the more niche IP choice.

EU is the benchmark, I think. I think that is going to be the stress test of whether Universal can consistently deliver a large slate of wonderful, well-themed, and unique attractions without them falling apart in the dev process like Villain-Con or F&F, or being limited by budget like Dreamworks. I trust it'll all turn out at EU, and I understand that EU is the reason why we're getting small fries additions to USF, but it's still something to look towards hypothetically.

I hope we start to see some real development and huge investment in bold directions at USF very soon. Pokemon is the perfect opportunity for that, but the rumors I've heard so far of primarily screen-based shooting is disconcerting. We need some real Hagrid's/Velocicoaster/Rise-tier additions, and we need them sooner than later.

While the park could (and is getting) use new attractions, it does have a decent lineup mixed with duds... yet still offers more than DAK. Outside of a family dark ride experience at Pokemon, I think the next big step for the park is an aesthetic overhaul of the entrance/Minion Land. Give it a new identity with art deco theming paying tribute to films, not the production side of things that nobody considers interesting anymore.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
If one of the Cars land rides is an Autopia kind of ride that would open op space in Tomorrow land to add something fun. I was disappointed when Mickey's Toontown Fair got erased as it was the home of the original characters that made Disney big. I'd love to see these characters get some love.

Villains strikes me as being a 2029-2030 addition to MK. So they should aim for 2028 for Pokemon. If things for USF like Pokemon get fast tracked after the D23 announcements, how would that affect the Luigi's Mansion mini land expansion for EU? Would it be pushed back or could they break ground on it after EU opens ASAP for a 2027 opening?

Prehaps there is an additional D ticket for Pokemon that has not leaked out via rumors yet. After seeing the concept art for the Avengers Campus expansion it appears both Infinity Defense and Stark's Flight lab are using/both housed in a multipurpose building.

Considering Pokemon is replacing Springfield which isn't that big land wise, Maybe they could do something similar with a multipurpose building and have the portion with a D ticket occupy the current Simpsons plot, while the E ticket can expand into the backstage area taking out the old sprung tents. Then you could still have rebuilt shopping and dining constructed where the outgoing FFB is and maybe do a live show or meet and greet where AA is.

Reactions: OrlLover