Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Florida's 30th Anniversary (2020)

belloq87

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
Universal Exports
We can use this thread to continue the discussion from here...

Universal Studios Florida's 25th Anniversary (2015) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Let's talk about what we'd like to see, what we think we will see, and anything else that might be related to celebrating the park as the anniversary approaches.

I'll quote my last post from that thread just to keep some continuity...
So Universal is going to be offering a retro Universal Studios Florida shirt (yay!)... exclusively for passholders (boo)...

While I appreciate the effort, I hope this is just a trial run for more available-to-the-general-public merchandise options coming next year.

I think it should be a general celebration: themed food and drinks that refer to rides and show we've lost through the years, maybe character sightings, and of course some throwback merchandise. I like the shirt but not sure if I'll pick it up.

themed food and drinks that refer to rides and show we've lost through the years

I think there's definitely some potential here. Various specialty cocktails (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) scattered around the park that reference old attractions could be a lot of fun. You could almost do a scavenger hunt sort of thing with them (which is why I think non-alcoholic variants would be important).

The naming possibilities alone are endless!

"The Master of Suspense"
"Spooktacular Sangria"
"The Big One"
"Gordon's Last Tour"
"Biff's Revenge"

And so on.

I thought that the new nighttime lagoon show should’ve included Jaws and BTTF anyway, but a big anniversary would be a great excuse to add brief sections of them. Those films had such iconic imagery and music that suits that sort of show perfectly. It seems like something that would be a minimum amount of work but that would be a big crowd pleaser. I’m always hoping (usually in vain) that they’ll throw a bone to the old-time fans, though.

I think there's definitely some potential here. Various specialty cocktails (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) scattered around the park that reference old attractions could be a lot of fun. You could almost do a scavenger hunt sort of thing with them (which is why I think non-alcoholic variants would be important).

The naming possibilities alone are endless!

"The Master of Suspense"
"Spooktacular Sangria"
"The Big One"
"Gordon's Last Tour"
"Biff's Revenge"

And so on.
I think I'm stealing one of these for my new line of hot sauces.