Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So just taking it with salt, but apparently @Haru has heard with one of his contacts working for UPR that Kong may be on the way for 2019.

Once again, don't kill me, as I am merely the messager, but he has apparently heard of it for behind San Fran.

Hmmm, interesting. Wouldn't work have to start really soon for a 2019 opening though?

I'm hoping to go back next year, would be amazing if there is yet another new attraction on their line up.

Here's a video of the new Curious George show at USJ, interesting use of live actors and Musion with George. (ala Disaster & Walken)

Here's a video of the new Curious George show at USJ, interesting use of live actors and Musion with George. (ala Disaster & Walken)

They've been running a show like this since 2001. Nothing new for the park. This replaced Woody Woodpecker's Animation Celebration which used the same technology and same exact set design

It doesn’t take much to amuse the Japanese it would seem. :look:
I really don't see what's wrong with the DM flat ride. Every park needs rides like these to round out it's offerings.

.....TSL proves it doesn't take much to amuse Americans either....
What did you really expect with them opening two new rides (based on a beloved IP) in a park that now has the luxury of having 6 total rides? And with Disney marketing the land like it's an E-ticket land, you get a lot of people that show up not really knowing what the rides are, but that it's Toy Story so they want to see it.

It doesn’t take much to amuse the Japanese it would seem. :look:

Let me say this, there is nothing wrong with something on the smaller side, especially considering that they are trying to prepare for Nintendo.

Attractions like the Freeze Ray flat, Curious George, and others while doesn't feel needed, will be, as they'll help soak up the crowds that are going to come for 2020. And honestly, if Kong is coming next year, that shows how much Universal/Comcast want to have Osaka able to handle the crowd-levels.

Let me say this, there is nothing wrong with something on the smaller side, especially considering that they are trying to prepare for Nintendo.

Attractions like the Freeze Ray flat, Curious George, and others while doesn't feel needed, will be, as they'll help soak up the crowds that are going to come for 2020. And honestly, if Kong is coming next year, that shows how much Universal/Comcast want to have Osaka able to handle the crowd-levels.
Yes, and even it's small stuff, it helps keep the parks feeling fresh.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Yes, and even it's small stuff, it helps keep the parks feeling fresh.

And up's capacity too, which is even more of a plus.

Also, and this is my opinion, I love Freeze Ray Sliders more than ASS, just because of the amount of electricity and movement all around, and that's not just including the "Sled" cars.

Not everything can be a big e ticket attraction, but it's amazing that Disney was marketing the toy story area as the be all end all. Where as USJ this ride showed up with very little fan fare, if I'm using that term correctly.

I love these types or rides, always a lot more fun than they look. I think Universal have done an incredible job with this new Minions area, looks much nicer than the American ones.

The Universal Studios Store in Osaka is the next in line to get the cosmetic makeovers that Orlando and Hollywood have recieved.

DhwHN_ZVAAAtCSo.jpg

DhwHPK1UcAAMRVi.jpg

(Source: LCAStudios)

Reactions: shiekra38