Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

I'm just glad UOR invested in a show and not this. Every float outside the JP ones here is just way too inert

My problem lies in the transitions from piece to piece.

The Minions and Jurassic portions look like standouts, with Potter as a close great aspect.

Transformers, as much as I like inclusion, doesn't really feel like it should be there.

My problem lies in the transitions from piece to piece.

Yea, there is a really big gap/delay between sections that hurts the pacing.

The Minions and Jurassic portions look like standouts, with Potter as a close great aspect.

See, I think the Potter section was really disappointing. There's just no energy to it until the final float.

Yea, there is a really big gap/delay between sections that hurts the pacing.

See, I think the Potter section was really disappointing. There's just no energy to it until the final float.

I love the Potter section, more in the scale of the Hogwarts Express being outstanding. I do think that they needed something else in the parade, something like the Raptors breaking free from their enclosure in the Jurassic section.

I would've thought that Death Eaters would've made sense to come back for this parade, as I can see how they'd be included.

The Transformers section was actually my favorite section that I saw (and probably my least fave IP represented). I absolutely love this parade! The addition of the projection mapping makes it feel so much more immersive. Guests had things to react to when there was a lull in the floats which plagues almost every parade. They just need to work on the pacing and adding a bit more performers in between to help close the gaps. Otherwise, it's near perfect.

I like this parade, but I prefer Magical Starlight. Magical Starlight had more of an electrical light parade feel than this. This is just a few IP's mashed up. Still impressive though. Especially the parts with the projection mapping.

Thanks to @Haru

Today was the very first preview of Universal's Spectacle Night Parade at Universal Studios Japan.

Billed as the world’s first next-generation parade, the parade features floats from Harry Potter, Transformers, Jurassic World, and Minions.

Universal Spectacle Night Parade begins previews at Universal Studios Japan | Inside Universal
Looks good. Love the projection mapping along the parade route. Just guessing we might see some similar projection mapping with the upcoming USF night show.

Like everyone else I love the projection mapping, seems to add quite a lot to the parade.

My mouth actually opened when I watched the video of the Jurassic Park section when the raptors became loose, that's a very cool moment.

I was expecting Megatron to transform, is that just something that didn't work during the soft opening?

The gaps between sections seem a bit long and boring and I imagine they'll be spots along the route where you won't see the cool bits going on? Not a fan of that being a thing, especially as a lot of guests will only get a chance to see it once.

Don't like it. Floats are too boxy and the main parts are too high. Best part is minions section but even that was not perfect. Seriously underwhelming show