Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

All I would say, is that I would imagine that Universal Cool is enough of a financial gaining opportunity to warrant it still being a event to operate and produce. What I am curious of is what properties are used for the Osaka Animation/Manga park, because I think a good question lies where A-1, Toei, and a few others come to that question..

And even then, look at the Japanese Hello Kitty park's.

Well in the case of Puro Sanrioland, thats in Tokyo. It would be highly different if they were in the same city 15 km from each other.

Universal Cool is a goldmine for USJ...the negative effects of this could be disastrous. Hopefully it will be like they did for Osaka Castle show where Universal still was a member of the project

Some Highlights from the press release....Didn't have a lot of time to re-translate from Google Translate but I think the basic gist is here...

In addition to floats and entertainers, we reproduce the world of each movie realistically in the overwhelming and spectacular space of spectacular projection mapping which continues to change. Not only is the landscape in front of the eyes changing like a conventional parade, but guests are immersed in the world view of masterpiece movies and all the scenery around them continually undergo a drastic change constantly wrapped in 360 degrees Experience the totally new impression of the world for the first time.

The wall on the parade route is about 600 m in length, and it is a powerful size that largely overturns the common sense of "parade". Projection mapping is projected on this wall, float boasts a height of over 8 m in height, and we will deliver an experience that is beyond our imagination, a new feeling that is unprecedented to our guests.

In this release, we will publish the whole picture of "Universal Spectacle Night Parade".

The Parade starts with Harry Potter" The world of world-class masterpiece "Harry Potter" starts with the Hogwarts Express which blowing up steam and feels like an enormous force. Watch the spells with the students of the Hogwarts Magic Magic School and watch the spell battle with the hot duel as you encounter encounter magic training at the hall, The neighborhood changes completely and the area is flush with dementors flush! The overwhelming magical experience that you visit one after another will take you to a dense moving world.

If the cityscape changes to the skyscraper towering big city, Transformers are brought to the world of enthusiastic fans. Overwhelmed by the destructive power of a driller who exhausts skyscrapers , witness the Battle of Bumblebee and Megatron!  It is inevitable excitement to the tremendous battle of tremendous mega scale which can only be breath-deformed by the powerful demostration and beyond 8 m in height.

Suddenly, guests enveloped in a stormy tropical rainforest, the dinosaurs live vividly, to the world of that "Jurassic World" I will be thrown in.  Ringing alarm sound, blinking lamp ... Raptor who fled from the cage! Approaching from behind, giant roar and fighting spirit raging megastiest carnivorous dinosaur, T - Rex! It gets caught in a tense momentum, extreme tension without an escape place.

The hero of a popular movie all over the world,Park's hilarious popularity, Minion's best hatchacha finally finished Minion Park! Journey through the history of the minions and enjoy the fantastical world of "Super Sily Funland", an amusement park favorite by the three sisters of Agnes. Guests enjoy the time of a ha ha ha ha parte party with a DJ minion, in a lively space wrapped in colorful lights, laughing and laughing.

The run length for the parade is ~55 minutes. Tallest float is over 26 Feet tall. 100 entertainers will be performing in the parade and production of this parade consisted of over 1,000 people

ニュース:株式会社ユー・エス・ジェイ

Looks leagues better than previous parades from USJ for the nighttime, at-least.

Ehh, thats debatable.

This definitely has much more of a "wow" factor. The floats are impressive and the parade has lots of moving figures and moving lights.

What Magical Starlight had that's this doesn't is the classy vibe (outside of the fact that they were using Disney characters). Magical Starlight had 1 soundtrack that changed with the floats, like MSEP or Paint The Night. This new parade has an IP soundtrack for each unit. Like when transformers come by the transformers theme plays, potter etc. The intro unit has a very nice score.

It's like comparing Wishes to Ignite The Dream

More regarding the parade-

Similar setup to the UO holiday parade. Small intro unit followed by 4 other larger units. Lots of movement and animation/AA’s on the floats. The Hogwarts Express is impressive. You can see inside if the train through screen windows.

The Gyrospheres are awesome.

I know the SNW construction is pretty much right behind there, but I'm not quite sure of the reason for the removal of trees from JAWS. It's quite distracting when you see recent videos, but I guess there's a solid explanation behind it.

I know the SNW construction is pretty much right behind there, but I'm not quite sure of the reason for the removal of trees from JAWS. It's quite distracting when you see recent videos, but I guess there's a solid explanation behind it.

There is a path between Jaws and WW that is being planned to be made for SNW, similar to how Hogsmeade has a path leading to it's land in Osaka park (which borders Jaws as well).