Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Announced today that Detective Conan is coming to Cool Japan next year.

The rumor I heard was that Conan would be filling the T2:3D space temporarily, so I wonder if that's where this is going.

GAOoG09aEAAF_jz

Announced today that Detective Conan is coming to Cool Japan next year.

The rumor I heard was that Conan would be filling the T2:3D space temporarily, so I wonder if that's where this is going.

GAOoG09aEAAF_jz
I bet they are doing the Escape Room again since that always ends up being a huge draw.

But bigger news is My Hero Academia is coming to USJ for the first time!

Very interesting, The Pokemon Company announced today that it will build a Pokemon land at Yomiuriland (amusement park in Tokyo suburbs)

Hmm....

33485d901f64ba37852ee66e0292f4f49f97e5e2.jpg
Based on what information is available, this seems to be more of an actual park/experience, as opposed to a proper theme park land or attraction. I don't think it would interfere with anything Universal would do in the future.

Question: is the Spider-Man queue the same as FL? I can’t seem to find a video of it.
For whatever reason USJ appears to be much more strict in regards to filming on attractions. I would guess it's very close to IOA except Japan has a dual loading station vs the single one in Orlando.

Pretty similar, yes. It has a similar bullpen room, a similar Scoop/movie room, similar darkroom room. The only major difference is the split loading setup which has a second level as far as I remember? I never went up to the second floor so not sure what was there!

My Hero is coming to USJ next year.....god I wish I could go

• Love
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Always so amazed to see the similarities and differences between USJ and USF. This is an amazing overview video:

It's not as shockingly different of a visit like DisneySea if you're used to the US counterpart for sure. I like the New York and SF areas at USF better, but I like everything else more that's shared/similar at USJ.

One of the three new replaced attractions (Terminator, Backdraft, Spider-Man) has been officially announced.

Detective Conan is the permanent replacement for T2. It will still be a theater show.

Opening spring 2024.

1219_1.jpg
This rules so hard. Also, is this the first case of an anime property getting a permanent attraction at a Universal park?

One of the three new replaced attractions (Terminator, Backdraft, Spider-Man) has been officially announced.

Detective Conan is the permanent replacement for T2. It will still be a theater show.

Opening spring 2024.

1219_1.jpg
Now, you can encounter Conan any time of the year! As the hit series celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2024, a totally new, permanent "Detective Conan" attraction is finally opening at the Park! Experience an overwhelming sense of reality in a new "Detective Conan" world brought to life through this major project.

If you had asked me what would be the first permanent Anime attraction for a Universal park, I probably wouldn't of said Detective Conan.

Reactions: GA-MBIT