Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I see with all this, this seems like USJ dipping it's toes into the whole Minion mania slowly before they press the big red button on replacing BTTF.

If anything is going to replace BTTF, it's this!!! It can be a new version of Minion Mayhem.

Different layout and technology, similar concept.

I've used Google Translate's new camera scanning feature like HopeOfTheFuture suggested, and I think I have a basic understanding of the event.
I'm using that one too. Sometimes it works and gives a description of which your mind can make a logical story. Sometimes it's just a mess and doesn't make sense. But it's the tool I use to translate Japanese images/flash files when the google translate site won't work.

Reactions: William
Some weird Japanese stuff in the park (I have no idea when I'm sharing this  :ph34r:   ):

ck4djwoe_qw3.jpg

01_20130405222313.jpg

Reactions: JaySalahi
I'm guessing it's some sports team or other celebrities. Universal Studios Japan has hosted lots of unique events for their local celebrities within the park or let them go crazy or film themselves for various Japanese reality shows. Lots of funny videos on YouTube if you know where to look.

Either way....Adri, we should book a trip to Japan now ;)

And no worries man, your joke's tone just didn't translate well enough online.

Wow! That's a very big claim. Although Japan really likes using larger than life claims when it comes to their advertising. Still, that's very interesting! I wonder if it'll be themed to Jurassic World in anyway. And 2016 seems like a very fast turn around date...but a new Coaster or simulator could very well be built in that time line! I'd love to see a HelicopTours ride come to fruition. I'm very interested to see how this progresses.

I've been to Universal Studios Japan September 2014. It's a nice park but it has two problems for foreign visitors
- language. Everything is in Japanese language and the employees don't speak it or don't speak it very well.
Sorry for the digging up an old thread, but I just noticed this and it helps to know that USJ isn't marketed and focused on International business. It's a huge cash-cow from locals who frequent the parks recently. That's why this one is very culturally Japanese in the way it appears and attracts people (ie: shops far outweighing rides) as opposed to Tokyo Disney which is very geared towards westerners visiting. Not to say that the Tokyo Disney Resort doesn't have things that are definitely Japanese about them, but it's far more Americanized than USJ and that's part of why a lot of Americans aren't as enthused. But about the language, Osaka is quite a bit farther from Tokyo which is a far bigger tourist destination. There's a lot more benefit for people learning English there than in Osaka so it would be lost on its target audience with passholders and locals. They still consider people who speak English to be more hirable, but it's not as easy to find fluency in that area of Japan as it is Tokyo. I never saw many - if any - other foreigners at USJ whenever I went so it's not a super high priority.

Reactions: Maurice2029
USJ looks like THE best Universal park. It's just got the strongest line-up of attractions all in one park. Hope to visit that and USS someday.

USJ has posted the lineup for they're Halloween fest (that's what I call it) and its quite interesting. Three new IPs this time are actually AVP (which..i'm really curious), The Spirits of Ju-on (The original Japanese version of The Grudge) and Nightmare on Elm Street (suprising). Of-course; they're in different names, excluding AVP. Then theres Chucky and RE from last year. And..this ones interesting. They have a hardcore house. Not much is said but its called Trauma and you sign a waver and get experimented on. I find that really interesting as in retrospectives to all other Halloween Events in the Universal name, this is the first fully extreme house for any of the Horror nights.

Then theres the typical family fare like Mickeys not so scary for the kids, theres apparently going to be a parade this year also. But in any case; this year i'm curious of Japan, Singapore and Orlandos just due to the lineups of all three of them.